Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
» Callsign request
Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeToday at 11:08 pm by araxiov

» Hello! (Is this 10 characters yet)
Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeToday at 10:48 pm by Trent Piker

» President Lincoln 11
Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeToday at 10:41 pm by woodworm

» Call sign request
Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeToday at 10:36 pm by Mandinka

» The Song Game
Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeToday at 10:30 pm by Ultimitmale (John)

» New Member About Me & Help Needed
Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeToday at 10:04 pm by Delta Romeo 1111

» returning to the airwaves
Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeToday at 8:56 pm by steveleeds

» THE BEAST HAS ARRIVED
Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeToday at 8:52 pm by mickyboy

» Keep up the good work.
Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeToday at 8:49 pm by Vic

Most active topic starters
Sydthecat
Domain Transfers Vote_lcapDomain Transfers Voting_barDomain Transfers Vote_rcap 
Firetrap
Badgeruk1980
rabbi
Master Virus
Ultimitmale (John)
mickyboy
Sgt Bilko
Matt86
Fred in the shed
Keywords
multi Messages wire Mckinley callsign ss9900 midland Gain alan Mobile president gainmaster frequency call request Sirio yaesu silver lincoln antenna bash sign list 6900n Buxton portable
November 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Classified Adverts

Who is online?
In total there are 42 users online :: 10 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 2 Bots

araxiov, Delta Romeo 1111, Mandinka, professor9, Razz229, Surlylht, Trent Piker, Ultimitmale (John), Vic, woodworm

Most users ever online was 230 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

Domain Transfers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firetrap
Admin
Firetrap

QTH or Location : North Yorkshire
Call Sign : 26CT100
Equipment Used : Delta 318 Export, TYT380, Albrecht 2990AFS

Domain Transfers Empty
PostSubject: Domain Transfers   Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 12:02 pm

HI all.

Im currently working on, and struggling with, transferring the CT domain to this new forum and getting it to work correctly. In theory it should be pretty straight forward but its been a royal pain in the arse and has taken me two week nearly so far working with our domain registrar.

The problems arise from us using so many different formats for the forum through no fault of our own and traces of old setting have remained hidden which has caused conflicts.

I see someone posted on the old forum saying "It looks like the development of the new forum has stopped" - Far from it, The thing is, we are trying to do what previously took nearly 10 years to achieve but crammed into the space of a couple of months.

I only have 1 pair of hands and I cant progress until certain things are working otherwise the things I try to do wont work if the part before isnt finished correctly.

Hopefully it will be all fixed shortly, If its working already for anyone please let me know.

regards,
Lee
Back to top Go down
http://charlietango.co.uk
Slider

QTH or Location : Dorking, Surrey
Call Sign : 26-TC-141
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-757, Ham Intl Concorde 3

Domain Transfers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domain Transfers   Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 3:05 pm

Yay! seems to be working, got the email and followed the charlietango.co.uk link and arrived here fine!

are you dealing with charlietango.uk? it looks to be suspended, pending deletion when anyone will be able to reg it again

Back to top Go down
Firetrap
Admin
Firetrap

Domain Transfers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domain Transfers   Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 3:15 pm

All members when logged in will no longer see any adverts in about 20 minutes when our user license is upgraded Smile
Back to top Go down
Allshep

Domain Transfers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domain Transfers   Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 12:15 pm

New domain workink fine,well done regards shep
Back to top Go down
Firetrap
Admin
Firetrap

Domain Transfers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domain Transfers   Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Slider wrote:
Yay! seems to be working, got the email and followed the charlietango.co.uk link and arrived here fine!

are you dealing with charlietango.uk?  it looks to be suspended, pending deletion when anyone will be able to reg it again

Hi, yes we did have charlietango.uk but because we own the dot Co dot UK domain we still technically own the dot UK even if we don't renew it. It can't be bought and used without asking us first.
Back to top Go down
Slider

Domain Transfers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domain Transfers   Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 1:02 pm

actually, as of June, the right of registration given to the .co.uk owner has lapsed, so it'll be available to anyone when it drops

(i've been a 'domainer' since 2004)
Back to top Go down
Slider

Domain Transfers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domain Transfers   Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 1:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Firetrap
Admin
Firetrap

Domain Transfers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domain Transfers   Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 1:12 pm

Yes, you are correct. However, We own the trademarks for the name in respect of radio communication so no one else can use it under that category. Sure someone can buy it, they are welcome to do so but its no good to anyone wanting to use it for anything to do with radio without our permission. Thats what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Slider

Domain Transfers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domain Transfers   Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 1:42 pm

ah, fair enough

just thought it would be worth getting, just so there's no dilution of the CharlieTango 'brand' if you know what i mean?
Back to top Go down
Firetrap
Admin
Firetrap

Domain Transfers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domain Transfers   Domain Transfers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 2:02 pm

Someone already has the dot com but it totally unrelated to radio so that's fine. We share the name with vivienne Westwood and 50 shades of grey. Strange but true lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Domain Transfers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domain Transfers   Domain Transfers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Domain Transfers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group :: News and Announcements :: Latest News-
Jump to: