Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
» Mid Midand Nets ?
Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeToday at 11:59 am by mickyboy

» My first rig is set up.
Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeToday at 11:32 am by Farren

» new retro type audio cassette tape recorder/player
Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeToday at 10:02 am by rabbi

» Powering my 77-805d
Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeToday at 9:32 am by GoldVolvo

» 1/2 wav or 5/8 wav
Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeToday at 7:31 am by Vic

» THE BEAST HAS ARRIVED
Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:27 pm by mickyboy

» Call Sign Request
Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:20 pm by toxictots

» Kent Cb Radio
Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:03 pm by toxictots

» Keep up the good work.
Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:28 pm by GoldVolvo

Most active topic starters
Sydthecat
Must have radio of the year? Vote_lcapMust have radio of the year? Voting_barMust have radio of the year? Vote_rcap 
Firetrap
Must have radio of the year? Vote_lcapMust have radio of the year? Voting_barMust have radio of the year? Vote_rcap 
Badgeruk1980
rabbi
Master Virus
mickyboy
Ultimitmale (John)
Sgt Bilko
Matt86
Fred in the shed
Keywords
Messages antenna Gain Buxton ss9900 list alan Sirio request callsign lincoln president message yaesu call 6900n Mckinley sign midland frequency portable Mobile silver bash wire gainmaster
November 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Classified Adverts

Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 7 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 2 Bots

Delboy, Farren, mickyboy, Shadow, stormy, Sydthecat, Vic

Most users ever online was 230 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

Must have radio of the year?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firetrap
Admin
Firetrap

QTH or Location : North Yorkshire
Call Sign : 26CT100
Equipment Used : Delta 318 Export, TYT380, Albrecht 2990AFS

Must have radio of the year? Empty
PostSubject: Must have radio of the year?   Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 9:09 pm

Not paid much attention to new radios etc for a while so was wondering whats the latest must have radio? or further still whats new? Or is it same old stuff with new software versions?
Back to top Go down
http://charlietango.co.uk
John123
Admin
John123

QTH or Location : Manchester
Call Sign : 26CT763
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Must have radio of the year?   Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 9:40 pm

The new Mckinley is getting some good reviews, Lee. 👍
Back to top Go down
Firetrap
Admin
Firetrap

QTH or Location : North Yorkshire
Call Sign : 26CT100
Equipment Used : Delta 318 Export, TYT380, Albrecht 2990AFS

PostSubject: Re: Must have radio of the year?   Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 9:44 pm

I think Delboy has a thread open about it, I'll take a look.

I wish I still had my old President George which Hans Kucha modded and tuned. It worked like hell but was as ugly as me haha. They should bring the George back same as they did with the Lincoln.
Back to top Go down
http://charlietango.co.uk
Delboy

Delboy

PostSubject: Re: Must have radio of the year?   Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 11:09 pm

The McKinley works very well, I'm not saying it's a 'must have' as it costs far too much but it certainly is worth considering....

Here's some action from The North East Net on the new President McKinley EU

Back to top Go down
stephen Gunrunner

stephen Gunrunner

QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX
Equipment Used : ss9900 mass dx 5000 sirio 4000hp sirio 5000 turbo trimag tti 801 crt7u

PostSubject: Re: Must have radio of the year?   Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 11:23 am

I will agree with Delboy on this one for to much money but I seen it advertised for £190 but can not find it again I like my crt ss9900 it works for me and with a power mic, as the mic they come with is not the best, the power mic I use now is a telcom 1000 from knights it has a great modulation, will I buy a McKinley no my 9900 does all I need best 73s.
Back to top Go down
chris bof

QTH or Location : Birmingham ,west mids .
Call Sign : ct2917
Equipment Used : ss 9900 / President Grant 2

PostSubject: Re: Must have radio of the year?   Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 8:34 am

Hi i have two crt,s 9900 and both work great on ssb no need for extra power 60 ish watts straight out of the radio well pleased ct 2917 Chris
Back to top Go down
gravedigger911

gravedigger911

Call Sign : 26 CT 3161
Equipment Used : Stryker SR955 HP . Uniden Uniace 300 . TS 6M. Pres Himalaya...2x Uniden Scanners . 2x AOR Recievers 2x AOR

PostSubject: Re: Must have radio of the year?   Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 12:29 pm

I've a Stryker 955 , more than happy with it ,has everything I need if it Works keep it, you can try, many Radios ,will have Diff Traits , For and Against , Certainly just wouldnt go on what Ive seen on YT or Read about
Back to top Go down
oilygarage

PostSubject: Re: Must have radio of the year?   Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 7:54 pm

gravedigger911 wrote:
I've a Stryker 955 , more than happy with it ,has everything I need  if it Works keep it, you can try, many Radios ,will have Diff Traits , For and Against , Certainly just wouldnt go on what Ive seen on YT or Read about
I've got a Stryker 955 too - excellent radio.
Back to top Go down
gravedigger911

gravedigger911

Call Sign : 26 CT 3161
Equipment Used : Stryker SR955 HP . Uniden Uniace 300 . TS 6M. Pres Himalaya...2x Uniden Scanners . 2x AOR Recievers 2x AOR

PostSubject: Re: Must have radio of the year?   Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Look on top of main oages it says messages, I did email you on one you gave me
Back to top Go down
Dmc

QTH or Location : Berkshire
Equipment Used : Cobra 147

PostSubject: Re: Must have radio of the year?   Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 12:02 pm

Stalker 9ftdx 😊
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Must have radio of the year?   Must have radio of the year? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Must have radio of the year?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Multimode, Export and Sideband Radio-
Jump to: