Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
» Hi, Call sign request please
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeToday at 8:01 am by stevejet

» Hi and call sign request
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeToday at 6:02 am by GaryWilson

» Callsign Request
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:47 pm by GaryWilson

» Commtron cb 40f. Yes/no?
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:37 pm by Sydthecat

» Another Idea
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:14 pm by AppleTree

» CB RADIO CONTACTS AND STORIES
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:00 pm by Mau5matt

» President Lincoln 11
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:24 pm by woodworm

» The Song Game
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:48 am by Ultimitmale (John)

» Keep up the good work.
Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:21 am by Ultimitmale (John)

Most active topic starters
Sydthecat
Why so quiet in here Vote_lcapWhy so quiet in here Voting_barWhy so quiet in here Vote_rcap 
Firetrap
Why so quiet in here Vote_lcapWhy so quiet in here Voting_barWhy so quiet in here Vote_rcap 
Badgeruk1980
rabbi
Master Virus
mickyboy
Sgt Bilko
Ultimitmale (John)
Matt86
Fred in the shed
Keywords
gainmaster yaesu request frequency midland callsign silver sign Mckinley bash Messages portable call alan Mobile Gain president Buxton antenna list Sirio 6900n multi ss9900 wire lincoln
November 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Classified Adverts

Who is online?
In total there are 37 users online :: 5 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 1 Bot

Kaosss, Mau5matt, StevieG, Tim-2CT982, Vic

Most users ever online was 230 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

Why so quiet in here

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sgt Bilko

Sgt Bilko

QTH or Location : Prestonpans. East Lothian
Call Sign : 108 ct 302 - mm0ibe

Why so quiet in here Empty
PostSubject: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Is it quiet in here because the bands are quiet and nobody had anything to say or report.

Or is it some of you guys just can't be arsed because the site's a bit slow. Not Wi-Fi slow just admin slow.

Thoughts please.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Vendee85

Vendee85

QTH or Location : Yeovil
Call Sign : CT2201/FB855/UK164 + others
Equipment Used : Yeasu FT891 MFJ Atu/Swr K40 Tankwhip x2 Mob whips 80/40/20

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 9:29 pm

Hi. Paul.

I'm usually on line from 0930/2230 on here reading all posts &
chat from Newbies helping them get best out of hobby. I think
it's a combination of low prop (nothing to report) the WX! I can't
go uponthill atm. & last the forum doesn't inspire the Newbies.
Also the Qrm @ Qths is proving to be a big problem with RX. I
only go on 1 net a week now ( Homesteaders) on Wed's pm. I
used to be on 4/5 weekly ie. Southern FM/ SSB. MWN. ECN &
Sid's. etc. The low prop is a big factor I've seen 5 Hi's & lows
since I started in Radio '59. Good luck DX. 73's Mike.
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

QTH or Location : London
Call Sign : 26CT1836 / Ham 2E0GGQ
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 6:43 am

Hi Paul & Mike, I think it's since we came to this forum. I don't think everyone's over here yet and with the problem issuing call signs new members aren't getting involved after joining, after all it's the call sign that makes you feel part of the Charlie Tango community!!! It would be nice if we could have an update from Lee or Craig.

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Ultimitmale (John)

Ultimitmale (John)

QTH or Location : Carrickfergus / Northern Ireland - UK
Call Sign : 68CT045
Equipment Used : Magnum Delta Force + K40 mic - Albrecht AE485S + Astatic Roadmaster Mic Major Excalibur 200 - SIRIO Gainmaster - 100w Linear Amplifier

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 11:34 am

GaryWilson wrote:
Hi Paul & Mike, I think it's since we came to this forum. I don't think everyone's over here yet and with the problem issuing call signs new members aren't getting involved after joining, after all it's the call sign that makes you feel part of the Charlie Tango community!!! It would be nice if we could have an update from Lee or Craig.

73's Gary.    

Totaly agree on this one, I personaly have returned to the air waves after a 30+ year break and was told about this group. So I looked into this group and learned it was established and a well knowen call sign to have. So I got my brother to sign up too, I have logged onto here everyday since 2nd September to see if I have my call sign and still none yet. So having a call sign is kinda like bragging (in a good way) in posting your call sign on the contacys you have made here on the forum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oscarsierra/?ref=bookmarks
Sgt Bilko

Sgt Bilko

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 2:37 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. It was a question I threw out to everybody because this group used to be bouncing. The chat was always busy. Most of the guys that frequented these parts regularly, I spoke to on the radio when the skip / prop was there and they seem to have disappeared. Whether it's because of the solar low or just loss of interest I don't know. But what I do know is Owners / Moderators / Admin need to get this great site back up and running how it used to be. I know these guys have lives and family / work is a priority and 99% on here appreciate the effort they put in but if new operators can't even be allocated a call sign then they'll go elsewhere.

Paul
108 CT 302
Back to top Go down
Vendee85

Vendee85

QTH or Location : Yeovil
Call Sign : CT2201/FB855/UK164 + others
Equipment Used : Yeasu FT891 MFJ Atu/Swr K40 Tankwhip x2 Mob whips 80/40/20

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi. Paul.

Check out Nik's post in Call-sign Directory re. Call-signs list's.
It'll explain all. If we want CT to survive we have to rally round
and help Craig & Lee the best we can. Good luck 73's Mike.
Back to top Go down
Sgt Bilko

Sgt Bilko

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Cheers Mike. We all want the best for CT. It was my home page since 2011 but that changed due to the last forum we were on. Hope it goes back to how it was a few years back with good banter on all sections. And yes the F1 page will be missed but maybe come March 2020 Lee might add that section back IF the site is up and running properly by then Very Happy

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Leurbost2006

Leurbost2006

QTH or Location : Isle of Lewis
Call Sign : 108CT059
Equipment Used : Anytone at5555 v5

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2019 12:23 pm

It all seemed to change when the forum had the forced move to Tapatalk,hopefully with the new forum up and running and fingers crossed for some better prop it will pick up again,for me had to pack up my stuff indoors due to a lot of renovating so i have not been very active of late.
Back to top Go down
Northern Crusader

QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, Albrecht AE6110

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 6:02 pm

Sgt Bilko wrote:
Is it quiet in here because the bands are quiet and nobody had anything to say or report.

Or is it some of you guys just can't be arsed because the site's a bit slow. Not Wi-Fi slow just admin slow.

Thoughts please.

Paul.

I left when it all went to that Tapatalk or whatever it was rubbish. Don't want it, was a nightmare to use, didn't like being forced on it. Glad to see they've dumped it and gone back to traditional type forum so I'm back again.
Back to top Go down
richfr

QTH or Location : Finistere France
Equipment Used : UV5r on PMR

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 8:06 pm

I'm a new member looking for information and old posts to look through I just can’t find any. I thought the forum was dead then noticed you are between servers.
I think a lot of the old forum is lost for people like me, I can’t see it. A lot of what I am looking for am sure would be asked regularly.

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

QTH or Location : London
Call Sign : 26CT1836 / Ham 2E0GGQ
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 8:15 pm

richfr wrote:
I'm a new member looking for information and old posts to look through I just can’t find any. I thought the forum was dead then noticed you are between servers.
I think a lot of the old forum is lost for people like me, I can’t see it. A lot of what I am looking for am sure would be asked regularly.

Hello Rich, we've had to start again from the ground up I'm afraid, It was the only way we could have complete control over the forum.

Please post any questions you have in the appropriate section and we'll do our best to help.

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
richfr

QTH or Location : Finistere France
Equipment Used : UV5r on PMR

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 8:22 pm

GaryWilson wrote:
richfr wrote:

Hello Rich, we've had to start again from the ground up I'm afraid, It was the only way we could have complete control over the forum.

Please post any questions you have in the appropriate section and we'll do our best to help.

73's Gary.

Ok will do thanks.
Back to top Go down
stephen Gunrunner

stephen Gunrunner

QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX
Equipment Used : ss9900 mass dx 5000 sirio 4000hp sirio 5000 turbo trimag tti 801 crt7u

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2019 2:14 pm

I am all ways on and at home to just the bands are quiet, but there has been some sparadic E and some great contacts to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why so quiet in here   Why so quiet in here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why so quiet in here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: