Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
» Callsign Request
Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeToday at 4:52 pm by jpwmusic1

» Commtron cb 40f. Yes/no?
Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeToday at 4:16 pm by Farren

» CB RADIO CONTACTS AND STORIES
Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeToday at 1:00 pm by Mau5matt

» President Lincoln 11
Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeToday at 12:24 pm by woodworm

» The Song Game
Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeToday at 11:48 am by Ultimitmale (John)

» Keep up the good work.
Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeToday at 11:21 am by Ultimitmale (John)

» new retro type audio cassette tape recorder/player
Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeToday at 8:41 am by rabbi

» Callsign request
Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeToday at 7:50 am by StevieG

» Call sign request
Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeToday at 6:14 am by StevieG

Most active topic starters
Sydthecat
Midland Ham Radio Vote_lcapMidland Ham Radio Voting_barMidland Ham Radio Vote_rcap 
Firetrap
Midland Ham Radio Vote_lcapMidland Ham Radio Voting_barMidland Ham Radio Vote_rcap 
Badgeruk1980
rabbi
Master Virus
mickyboy
Ultimitmale (John)
Sgt Bilko
Matt86
Fred in the shed
Keywords
midland bash gainmaster sign portable ss9900 wire Mckinley yaesu frequency 6900n Buxton list lincoln antenna silver multi Sirio callsign president alan Gain request Messages call Mobile
November 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Classified Adverts

Who is online?
In total there are 52 users online :: 10 Registered, 0 Hidden and 42 Guests :: 2 Bots

Delboy, Farren, jpwmusic1, Knig, kopitedor96, m fletch, Mandinka, Tim-2CT982, Trent Piker, Vic

Most users ever online was 230 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

Midland Ham Radio

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silverbone

QTH or Location : Southport
Equipment Used : Baofeng UV-5R

Midland Ham Radio Empty
PostSubject: Midland Ham Radio   Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2019 7:25 pm

Hi

Does anyone know anything about the Midland CT 3000 25w Long Range Professional Dualband VHF/UHF Mobile Ham Radio.

Cheers

Gary
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

QTH or Location : London
Call Sign : 26CT1836 / Ham 2E0GGQ
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

Midland Ham Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midland Ham Radio   Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 8:30 pm

Looks like a standard 2/70 analog radio to me, anything in particular you want to know Gary?

https://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/amateur-radio/transceivers/mobile-transceivers/midland-ct-3000

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Silverbone

Midland Ham Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midland Ham Radio   Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 8:55 pm

Hi Gary

Just don’t know which one to get either the Midland, Anytone AT 778 or the Retevis T95 I am taking my Foundation next month so if I pass as you know I will only have 10w to play with, any thoughts would be really appreciated.

But I do fancy the Anytone, I don’t know why but I just like it.

Thank you

Gary
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

Midland Ham Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midland Ham Radio   Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 6:02 pm

Hi Gary, sorry for the delay replying busy week and all.

Okay they all look pretty much the same radio to me just in slightly different boxes.

Here's the important bit the Midland has power settings of 25w 10w and 5w the Anytone the same, but the Retevis has 25w 15w and 5w so initially you'd be stuck on 5 watts until you pass intermediate with the Retevis.

I have to confess I haven't gone through every spec on each one I'll leave that to you but my pal had a AT778 and was very pleased with it. I personally prefer the aesthetics of the Anytone and the Retevis so taking the power into consideration it would be the Anytone for me at foundation level. They are all 2m/70cm analog rigs so pretty much all okay. Just a final thought there are radios that cover 2 & 70 both analog and DMR (digital) which opens up a whole new range of possibilities to you, but obviously more money.

Good luck with your studies, hope to work you on the bands when you've passed!

73's Gary.

Back to top Go down
Silverbone

Midland Ham Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midland Ham Radio   Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Hi Gary
Thank you for your help mate I will probably go for the Anytone going to start my foundation course on the 23rd of this month so fingers crossed.
Gary
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

Midland Ham Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midland Ham Radio   Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 9:58 pm

HI Gary,

You're very welcome mate. Good luck with those studies and of course the exam. This years syllabus is a little more challenging but do your studies and you'll pass no problem at all, it's designed as an entry point into the hobby. Do let us know if you need any help!

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
Silverbone

Midland Ham Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midland Ham Radio   Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 8:49 am

Hi Gary
Some more help please if you don’t mind, on the Anytone it’s saying that I can have a wideband modification done before they ship it, my question is should I have it done or not?

Thank you

Gary
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

Midland Ham Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midland Ham Radio   Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 10:22 pm

Hi Gary the mod will allow it to transmit out of band. On VHF/UHF I wouldn't personally bother.

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Midland Ham Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midland Ham Radio   Midland Ham Radio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Midland Ham Radio
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group :: The Amateur Lounge :: Amateur Discussions-
Jump to: