Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
» Callsign Request
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 4:52 pm by jpwmusic1

» Commtron cb 40f. Yes/no?
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 4:16 pm by Farren

» CB RADIO CONTACTS AND STORIES
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 1:00 pm by Mau5matt

» President Lincoln 11
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 12:24 pm by woodworm

» The Song Game
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 11:48 am by Ultimitmale (John)

» Keep up the good work.
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 11:21 am by Ultimitmale (John)

» new retro type audio cassette tape recorder/player
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 8:41 am by rabbi

» Callsign request
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 7:50 am by StevieG

» Call sign request
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:14 am by StevieG

Most active topic starters
Sydthecat
Lost Really ???????? Vote_lcapLost Really ???????? Voting_barLost Really ???????? Vote_rcap 
Firetrap
Lost Really ???????? Vote_lcapLost Really ???????? Voting_barLost Really ???????? Vote_rcap 
Badgeruk1980
rabbi
Master Virus
mickyboy
Sgt Bilko
Ultimitmale (John)
Matt86
Fred in the shed
Keywords
Messages Gain yaesu callsign portable silver antenna wire multi alan lincoln 6900n list frequency president call sign bash ss9900 Buxton Mckinley gainmaster Mobile midland request Sirio
November 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Classified Adverts

Who is online?
In total there are 48 users online :: 9 Registered, 0 Hidden and 39 Guests :: 2 Bots

Farren, jpwmusic1, Knig, kopitedor96, m fletch, Mandinka, Tim-2CT982, Trent Piker, Vic

Most users ever online was 230 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

Lost Really ????????

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Badgeruk1980

Badgeruk1980

QTH or Location : Wiltshire,UK
Call Sign : 26SW119, (Uk 40s Badger)
Equipment Used : CRT SS6900, Harrier CBX, Realistic Pro 2026

Lost Really ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 6:35 pm

Started back on the radio a month or so ago after 25+ years off the airways. There don’t seem to be a lot of people out there wanting to help out or even put you in the right direction for help. People want to go on about “there is no point as no one is on anymore!! Or say give up. I have had some QRM issues when post looking for help the only reply you get is look online or deal with it that’s nothing. Maybe if it was like the old days and fellow users helped out each other there maybe more people out there. I will not be giving up as had some really good copys the last few weeks. Just hope to get the QRM down. Sorry for the little rant. But come on we all need to stick together.

73’s Smile Sad
Back to top Go down
morris

QTH or Location : kent
Call Sign : CT11111

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Hello Badger, if you are homebased and suffering Qrm chances are it`s modern  technology related, i suffered Qrm which turned out be a laptop charger, best to turn of all electrical items to see if that improves matters. Best chances of making contacts seems be going static mobile at your local high ground if you have any locally, don`t give up!
Back to top Go down
Badgeruk1980

Badgeruk1980

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 8:15 pm

Getting contact is not a problem I get out ok and pick so so as QRM is killing me. Just want to get it down as much as I can just looking for as much help as I can really. Really enjoy being on the radio. Thanks for your comment. 😀😀
Back to top Go down
morris

QTH or Location : kent
Call Sign : CT11111

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 8:22 pm

Try and narrow down the source of the Qrm by switching various items on and off, that`s what i did, but it could possibly be interference from a neighbour, good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
GoldVolvo

QTH or Location : IO83 Congleton, Cheshire
Equipment Used : Rotel RVC240/Cobra 19GTL at the moment

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 10:34 pm

So much switch-mode power supply hash these days, I agree try to eliminate "internal" sources by switching everything except the radio off & if it's much improved then start turning stuff back on until you find the worst culprit. I find laptop chargers and one particular LED lightbulb amongst the worst offenders at home.

If it's coming from external sources then try and eliminate if it's getting through your power supply (run from 12v battery for a short while) or antenna. Hopefully it's antenna, and then you can work towards repositioning the antenna for least rubbish. (this is the big one for me since, like you, I'm getting out fine just struggling to pick other folk out of the egg & bacon. Hoping a decent antenna up over the roofline at the back will be a revelation compared to my current effort lashed to a fencepost).
Back to top Go down
Badgeruk1980

Badgeruk1980

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 7:21 am

Running a Sigma 2011 Skip Master 5/8 wave as my main antenna but got a sirio gps27 1/2 silver rod about 50ft away and that is pick up the same s4/7. QRM.
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

QTH or Location : London
Call Sign : 26CT1836 / Ham 2E0GGQ
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 5:07 pm

Hello Badger.

QRM is a tricky issue in a world full of devices that have the potential to splatter all over the radio spectrum. It's the bane of many a radio users life. You will suffer particularly on the 11 meter band but it's a problem across the entire radio spectrum. The Ham bands are protected by ofcom so things are a little kinder there but 11 meters (c.b.) is not protected at all so many of those pesky electrical devices don't have any filtering to stop the emissions that you are suffering from. The reason you are being told to research the issue on the internet is probably the fact that the issue is complex and quite extensive so a little study on "Good radio housekeeping" is the way forward.

Obvious offenders for the QRM would be L.E.D lights, cheap Chinese chargers for phones etc, Plasma TV's, Boilers, Solar panels, the list goes on and on. The solution depends entirely on the cause of the problem.

Start by turning everything off in you home at the mains and powering the radio by battery, if the noise drops then you know it's you that's causing the problem. Then power back up turning things on one by one monitoring the QRM on your radio. You might just find the source of the noise. If it's not you then it's obviously coming from a local source in your area. So you would need to do the same with your Neighbours.

If you believe you have a specific problem then by all means raise it and we will try and assist you with it. Good luck with this.

73's Gary.

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Ultimitmale (John)

Ultimitmale (John)

QTH or Location : Carrickfergus / Northern Ireland - UK
Call Sign : 68CT045
Equipment Used : Magnum Delta Force + K40 mic - Albrecht AE485S + Astatic Roadmaster Mic Major Excalibur 200 - SIRIO Gainmaster - 100w Linear Amplifier

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 7:12 pm

We suffer the same with QRM, its a pain. I live at the bottom of the estate and my brother lives at the top. We both get the same amount of 6-7lbs of crap static and those we talk to who break through and hit us on a 9 pounder also bring the static in with them. If we go mobile onto the shoreline it is almost gone. At the house my bro has tried a few antennas vetor 4000, a couple 99's a silver rod and so on, meaning fiberglass vs aluminium doesn't come into the debate as the static is bad no matter what. Another bud in couple estates over (1/2 mile) same thing. BTW this is on all bands A,B,C,D,E,F - FM/AM/SSB all I can say is that its a digital world looking to kill off anolog - here comes Skynet and the Terminators next.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oscarsierra/?ref=bookmarks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost Really ????????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: