Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
» Hi, Call sign request please
Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeToday at 8:01 am by stevejet

» Hi and call sign request
Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeToday at 6:02 am by GaryWilson

» Callsign Request
Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:47 pm by GaryWilson

» Commtron cb 40f. Yes/no?
Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:37 pm by Sydthecat

» Another Idea
Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:14 pm by AppleTree

» CB RADIO CONTACTS AND STORIES
Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:00 pm by Mau5matt

» President Lincoln 11
Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:24 pm by woodworm

» The Song Game
Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:48 am by Ultimitmale (John)

» Keep up the good work.
Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:21 am by Ultimitmale (John)

Most active topic starters
Sydthecat
Intro and call sign request please Vote_lcapIntro and call sign request please Voting_barIntro and call sign request please Vote_rcap 
Firetrap
Intro and call sign request please Vote_lcapIntro and call sign request please Voting_barIntro and call sign request please Vote_rcap 
Badgeruk1980
rabbi
Master Virus
mickyboy
Sgt Bilko
Ultimitmale (John)
Matt86
Fred in the shed
Keywords
6900n wire portable Messages sign midland multi president bash callsign frequency list Gain Mckinley alan Buxton Sirio lincoln antenna yaesu ss9900 Mobile call silver request gainmaster
November 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Classified Adverts

Who is online?
In total there are 39 users online :: 6 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests :: 1 Bot

Kaosss, Mau5matt, morris, StevieG, Tim-2CT982, Vic

Most users ever online was 230 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

Intro and call sign request please

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vic

QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Intro and call sign request please Empty
PostSubject: Intro and call sign request please   Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 10:41 am

Hi,

My name is Victor from Bedfordshire, England.
Returning to radio after an old friend kindly donated me a rig. It's been over 30 years since I was last on the airwaves, (where did that time go?!!!)
Been an active SWL, (Lowe HF225), since an incident left me physically disabled but looking forward to giving a shoutback on some of the nets I've listened to.

I would like to formally request a callsign please.

Thanks in advance and Hello to all.
Back to top Go down
StevieG

StevieG

QTH or Location : SW London
Call Sign : 26TG987
Equipment Used : President GrantII JacksonII, CRTSS6900N, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull , Uniden and AOR scanner

PostSubject: Re: Intro and call sign request please   Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 1:11 pm

Hi Victor , welcome to the CTDX group
73s
Steve.
Back to top Go down
Vic

PostSubject: Re: Intro and call sign request please   Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 1:34 pm

Cheers Steve, much appreciated.
73s to you also.
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

QTH or Location : London
Call Sign : 26CT1836 / Ham 2E0GGQ
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Intro and call sign request please   Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 9:11 pm

Hello Victor, welcome to the forum and back to the hobby!

Unfortunately call signs are on hold at the moment due to some technical issues with the database after a change of host. We hope to resume issuing them very soon. keep an eye out for further info.

Best 73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Vic

PostSubject: Re: Intro and call sign request please   Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 9:38 pm

Hello Gary, very much appreciated.

I totally understand, database issues can be a real PITA!
Probably be a little while before I can successfully transmit anyway, my multi-array has been fine for SWL but will not SWR low enough for TX. Don't want to blow up the rig after just being given it!

Can't believe how stoked up I am returning to radio!

Thanks again and all the best to you.
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

QTH or Location : London
Call Sign : 26CT1836 / Ham 2E0GGQ
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Intro and call sign request please   Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 10:09 pm

Hello Vic,

No problem buddy, yes good radio housekeeping is a must and we have to take care of our rigs for sure.

Let us know how you get on. If you are returning to 11 meters there is an afternoon net in your locality hosted by Fred and the lads up there, it's worth checking them out! http://www.charlietango.co.uk/t112-herts-beds-and-bucks-daily-27-305-usb-group

Good luck Best 73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Vic

PostSubject: Re: Intro and call sign request please   Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 10:32 pm

Hi Gary, cheers mate.

Yeah, earwigged on 305 quite a few times now, friendly guys. Discovered Fred-in-the-shed's YouTube channel a little while back also.

Really great to find a friendly bunch still working the airwaves.

You guessed me right, 11metres is my area of interest. Never was good at remembering call signs, damn to protocol, but never forget a good conversation!

Cheers again & 73s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intro and call sign request please   Intro and call sign request please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intro and call sign request please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group :: New Member Introductions-
Jump to: