Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
» FREQUENCY CHART GUIDE
CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 4:55 am by GaryWilson

» How Can i tell ??
CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 4:47 am by GaryWilson

» Silver rod install
CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 2:12 am by kopitedor96

» We need an Aberdeen/NE Scotland net
CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:53 pm by flashg0rd0n

» SS9900 Squeak
CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:57 pm by Master Virus

» parcel force damaging a 747
CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 pm by Master Virus

» Call sign Request (Issued)
CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:09 pm by Sydthecat

» Space Weather News 28.11.2019 Chance of good radio propagation
CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:35 pm by Adrian smith

» Hello Just arrived on the new site (Issued)
CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by Airburst

Most active topic starters
Sydthecat
CT sign request (Issued) Vote_lcapCT sign request (Issued) Voting_barCT sign request (Issued) Vote_rcap 
Badgeruk1980
CT sign request (Issued) Vote_lcapCT sign request (Issued) Voting_barCT sign request (Issued) Vote_rcap 
Firetrap
mickyboy
Master Virus
rabbi
Ultimitmale (John)
Matt86
Sgt Bilko
Fred in the shed
Keywords
antenna alan callsign president Mckinley manuals division list yaesu bash ss9900 Messages file midland Zetagi frequency Gain lincoln call Sirio sign gainmaster silver request Buxton Service
December 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Classified Adverts

Who is online?
In total there are 54 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 52 Guests :: 1 Bot

StevieG, Victor

Most users ever online was 230 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

CT sign request (Issued)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
beesontoast

QTH or Location : South Devon
Call Sign : 26-CT-3227
Equipment Used : Mobile

CT sign request (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: CT sign request (Issued)   CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 8:38 pm

New to CB, wondering if there is much going on in S Devon? Thinking I may get my ham licence too, but interested in the CB world, having missed out on it first time around due to living in the mountains in the North.
Back to top Go down
https://biobees.com
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

QTH or Location : London
Call Sign : 26CT1836 / Ham 2E0GGQ
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: CT sign request (Issued)   CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 8:41 pm

Hello Phil, welcome to the forum and the hobby.

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
beesontoast

PostSubject: Re: CT sign request (Issued)   CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 9:20 pm

Cheers Gary. Is there a bit of a CB revival going on? I seem to be seeing a lot of new hardware on the market and more YouTube videos.
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: CT sign request (Issued)   CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 9:34 pm

You're welcome Phil,

Yes in a way there is, it's a bit hit and miss from area to area but we now have the U.K.40 The E.U./U.S.mid block and all modes F.M. A.M And SSB. so there's plenty of space to enjoy the hobby.

Stations are now much more dispersed so a decent antenna is a must, mag mounts on biscuit tins no longer cut the mustard.

There are organised nets hosted up and down the country, you can check the "Nets & Skeds" section and see if there is anything near you.

I would strongly suggest considering getting your Ham license I spend a lot of time on 40 & 20 meters because despite being at the bottom of the solar cycle there are still reasonable DX opportunities on those bands.

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
beesontoast

PostSubject: Re: CT sign request (Issued)   CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 10:29 pm

Thanks Gary. I think I've found a local club that offers training, so will probably pursue that.
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: CT sign request (Issued)   CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 5:44 am

Great stuff Phil,

The R.S.G.B website is a good source if information on how to get into the hobby. The Foundation syllabus is designed to attract people into the hobby and isn't too challenging.

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
StevieG

StevieG

QTH or Location : SW London
Call Sign : 26-CT-3239 , 26-TG-987
Equipment Used : President GrantII JacksonII, CRTSS6900N, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull , Uniden and AOR scanner

PostSubject: Re: CT sign request (Issued)   CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 7:39 am

Hi Phil, welcome to the CTDX group 
73s
Steve.
Back to top Go down
beesontoast

PostSubject: Re: CT sign request (Issued)   CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2019 6:00 pm

Cheers Steve
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
Admin
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: CT sign request (Issued)   CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2019 8:40 pm

Hello Phil,

I am delighted to allocate you 26-CT-3227 may you have good luck with it!

73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.
Back to top Go down
beesontoast

PostSubject: Re: CT sign request (Issued)   CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 1:31 am

Thanks Gary! I should be on air by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
mickyboy

mickyboy

QTH or Location : Higham ferrers, Northamptonshire. UK
Call Sign : 26-CT-3300 WB155
Equipment Used : Yaesu ft-747gx, Hygain VI, SS6900N V6. Sirio 827

PostSubject: Re: CT sign request (Issued)   CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 12:33 pm

GaryWilson wrote:
You're welcome Phil,

Yes in a way there is, it's a bit hit and miss from area to area but we now have the U.K.40 The E.U./U.S.mid block and all modes F.M. A.M And SSB. so there's plenty of space to enjoy the hobby

I would strongly suggest considering getting your Ham license I spend a lot of time on 40 & 20 meters  because despite being at the bottom of the solar cycle there are still reasonable DX opportunities on those bands.

Couldn't agree with you more Gary, Until FM picks up abit SSB is pretty much the best way to get a decent DX, Also getting a Ham Licence should really be on every radio enthusiast rada,r the more on Ham maybe the equipment cost will come down and make it more of an affordable hobby Very Happy

73's

Mick
Back to top Go down
beesontoast

PostSubject: Re: CT sign request (Issued)   CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2019 8:34 am

I'm getting started with an Intek M60+ just to get a feel for it, as it should be easy to find space for it in the car. Home base station not possible at present, as I'm in a 1st floor flat with one above me, and nowhere to rig any sort of antenna. That will change next year, however, so I'm looking to get licenced and spend some more on a multi-band radio.

BTW - is the "26" at the beginning of the call sign assumed if you are calling in England? I've not heard people using it when calling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CT sign request (Issued)   CT sign request (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CT sign request (Issued)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group :: New Member Introductions-
Jump to: