Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
» Request ct call sine
Time is running out Icon_minitimeToday at 9:23 pm by gstearn@btinternet.com

» Hello CharlieTangoDX
Time is running out Icon_minitimeToday at 11:40 am by derbysatellite

» Sirio GainMaster 5/8 (Beware)
Time is running out Icon_minitimeToday at 12:14 am by 26CT867

» 26.285 USB Calling Frequency
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:53 pm by 26CT867

» What HF home base setup are you using?
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:42 pm by Marlin.45

» My pmr radios
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:31 pm by 26CT867

» squares like hams on 11m
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:13 pm by 26CT867

» Alinco dr-135dx
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:58 pm by 26CT867

» Southern Area SSB net
Time is running out Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:19 pm by morris

Most active topic starters
Sydthecat
Time is running out Vote_lcapTime is running out Voting_barTime is running out Vote_rcap 
Firetrap
Time is running out Vote_lcapTime is running out Voting_barTime is running out Vote_rcap 
Matt86
Fred in the shed
Razz229
108CT1642
Padrick
williammason10
time machine
Doc1864
Keywords
tango Network mick call Mckinley sign user yaesu north Messages callsign list members charlie high radio east challenge Buxton
August 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Classified Adverts

Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 2 Bots

morris, NUBSTER, Sgt Bilko, Victor alpha 10

Most users ever online was 230 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

Time is running out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
time machine

time machine

QTH or Location : Wales
Call Sign : MW6OXV
Equipment Used : FTDX1200

Time is running out Empty
PostSubject: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 12:06 pm

For all that wish to start in amateur radio ie get their foundation license time is running out before it will get a little more difficult. I believe from the start of September the foundation course will include some subjects from the intermediate license hence a little more difficult from then on. This also applies to the intermediate license as well with some subjects from the full will be included in this. The introduction more based on digital will also be put into affect altering the courses.
Steve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
26TC62

26TC62

QTH or Location : Portsmouth
Call Sign : 26TC62, 26CT2817
Equipment Used : Yaesu 891, 10m pole, T2LT

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 2:46 pm

It doesn't look a lot more difficult though at Foundation and Intermediate, and from what I hear on the air the difficulty is mostly for clubs and trainers. It seems some are dropping out, or won't be able to immediately support the new syllabus. Bring back the RAE Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
time machine

time machine

QTH or Location : Wales
Call Sign : MW6OXV
Equipment Used : FTDX1200

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Yes, you are quite correct with a lot of clubs and trainers now ceasing to support the new syllabus. This is a damn shame as this is surely going to discourage many.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunrunner

Gunrunner

QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX
Equipment Used : ss9900 mass dx 5000 sirio 4000hp sirio 5000 turbo trimag tti 801 crt7u

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 12:00 pm

But why make it harder this has been coming for along time,
it will either make no diff to the exam or put people off , has this been proposed
by some that hate the m6s as its to easy are is supposed put them off, I can
not think its for the good of the hobby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fat Paul

Fat Paul

QTH or Location : Berwick-upon-Tweed
Call Sign : 26CT3128
Equipment Used : SS9900, Megawatt 4000, Antron 99

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 10:13 pm

Yeah I start my foundation course in September and my exam is in October and yes my course includes about 25% more material than the previous foundation course. I always leave things to late lol. Looking forward to the course but very nervous, I'm new to C.B. never mind amateur radio. Hope you are well Gunner, I'm in Berwick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunrunner

Gunrunner

QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX
Equipment Used : ss9900 mass dx 5000 sirio 4000hp sirio 5000 turbo trimag tti 801 crt7u

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 2:21 pm

yes it might get harder but read the book do the study bit and you will be ok
I see you live in Berwick upon tweed Paul as you can see that I live in Wooler
so in this area that's 3 breakers on , hope one day to contact you and I use 70cm never bother with
2m, and pmr and all othere freqs from 25mhz to 28 + MHz and 10m when the conditions
allow take care stick and read the book you will pass 73s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Old Hobbit

The Old Hobbit

QTH or Location : Aldershot
Call Sign : M6 KVK
Equipment Used : Mil manpack PRC320, FT 450D, FT 817ND, FT8800, Varity of HT,s

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 8:12 pm

I passed my Foundation a few years back and for a Tech-Turd like me I didn't find it too difficult but it did take a little study. I am not sure if I want to progress to the intermediate as I generally get what I need from my 10w allowance. I love portable QRP and with my home brew resonant antennas I manage to get out well enough. Some of the others in our club give me some stick about remaining an M6 and my measly 10w, but I just tell them that having more power is no substitute for skill Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time is running out   Time is running out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time is running out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group :: The Amateur Lounge :: Training and Qualifications-
Jump to: