Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
» Call sign requests queries
New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeToday at 12:00 am by mickyboy

» THE BEAST HAS ARRIVED
New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:55 pm by Sydthecat

» The Song Game
New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:52 pm by Razz229

» Hi and call sign request
New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:47 pm by Col73

» Call sign request
New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:40 pm by Monty1978

» Midland Ham Radio
New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:22 pm by GaryWilson

» South Coast PMR net report
New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:16 pm by Razz229

» New Member's Section
New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:13 pm by GaryWilson

» Call Sign Request
New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:09 pm by Ultimitmale

Most active topic starters
Sydthecat
New foundation course, need revision materials. Vote_lcapNew foundation course, need revision materials. Voting_barNew foundation course, need revision materials. Vote_rcap 
Firetrap
New foundation course, need revision materials. Vote_lcapNew foundation course, need revision materials. Voting_barNew foundation course, need revision materials. Vote_rcap 
Badgeruk1980
rabbi
Sgt Bilko
mickyboy
Matt86
Ultimitmale
Razz229
30ct555
Keywords
6900n alan lincoln Buxton yaesu portable gainmaster sign president list Mckinley callsign ss9900 antenna Messages Gain request multi Sirio wire silver call bash midland frequency Mobile
November 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Classified Adverts

Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 230 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

New foundation course, need revision materials.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dogfish

Dogfish

QTH or Location : Surrey Hills
Call Sign : CT2379
Equipment Used : Grant 2 + Tankwhip mobile with Sirio Gainmaster 5/8ths homebased

New foundation course, need revision materials. Empty
PostSubject: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 9:12 pm

Hi all.

Is there a new book that gives all the relavent info I will need to get started on Foundation?
I had a book a couple of years back that was given to me while the kids were small, alas had no time to take it any further, Now the kiddies are more off-hand and the sylabus is about to change I feel the need to study.

Si
Back to top Go down
MarcFX

MarcFX

QTH or Location : North Somerset
Call Sign : 26CT2627
Equipment Used : GrantII (Standard), CRT SS9900.

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 1:34 pm

https://rsgbshop.org/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Training_19.html

New Manual on that page.
£4.99 if you are not a member of the RSGB.
Hope that helps.

Marc
Back to top Go down
Dogfish

Dogfish

QTH or Location : Surrey Hills
Call Sign : CT2379
Equipment Used : Grant 2 + Tankwhip mobile with Sirio Gainmaster 5/8ths homebased

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 9:29 pm

Thanks MarcFX.
That will be with me by the weekend.

I see you have a Grant II as well.
Nice radio and I hooked an Astatic power mike to it and use a Sirio Gainmaster at 1.5 metres above a metal garage roof. Seem to get out OK.

Anyway,, Thank you for the info. The work begins.

Si
Back to top Go down
MarcFX

MarcFX

QTH or Location : North Somerset
Call Sign : 26CT2627
Equipment Used : GrantII (Standard), CRT SS9900.

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 9:56 pm

Si,

You're welcome.
Not as much of a challenge as you may think if you already know the basics.
My opinion.

Regards
Marc

Best stick is my homebrew T2LT on a 7m Mast. Works a treat.
Back to top Go down
26TC62

26TC62

QTH or Location : Portsmouth
Call Sign : 26TC62, 26CT2817
Equipment Used : Yaesu 891, 10m pole, wire 5/8, T2LT

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 9:59 am

There was some panic about the new syllabus but it’s still the case that if you’ve used radio for a few years, the Foundation shouldn’t be a problem. You just have to learn the licence conditions. I sympathise with the trainers and clubs for whom the change is a nuisance.
Back to top Go down
Witz

Witz

QTH or Location : The Black Country
Call Sign : 26CT6007
Equipment Used : SS6900, Sirio HP5000, DRX111 Live Wire, KL203P Amp

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 8:00 pm

I have just ordered my copy. Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1080421402166266/
GSC19

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 9:25 am

Good luck on the studies gents. General rule of thumb. Always go for the safety option on a question in the foundation exam. Regards

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New foundation course, need revision materials.   New foundation course, need revision materials. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New foundation course, need revision materials.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group :: The Amateur Lounge :: Training and Qualifications-
Jump to: