Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Have You Just Arrived From Old Forum? : If you have then you need to click "Join CT" and register an account on this new forum. Your CT call sign is still valid and you don't need to apply for a new one.
CT Summer Prize Draw: Win a Brand New President Mckinley 11m all mode radio!! See the Latest News forum for details.
Still Time: There is still time to buy a ticket for the raffle. See news forum for details.
Latest News: If you are trying to log in to this forum using the login details from the old forum they will not work. You must register a new account here to be able to post. Your CT call sign is still valid, you don't need another one.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Latest News: The CT website is now fully secure with an SSL certificate so you never have to worry about security or privacy when online at Charlie Tango.
Thanks for your patience: We are glad you all approve of the changes and to the forum and for all the great feedback received. There are just a couple of creases to be ironed out now which are been currently worked on.
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Introduction and Call-Sign Request
Swr an homebase antenna Icon_minitimeToday at 5:48 am by GaryWilson

» Greeting and request new call sign (Issued)
Swr an homebase antenna Icon_minitimeToday at 12:23 am by yb1tj

» Essex 27.305 USB - and thank you!
Swr an homebase antenna Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:21 pm by The Doctor

» Help with President McKinley.
Swr an homebase antenna Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:43 pm by Northern Crusader

» 2020 Prize Draw Tickets and Entry
Swr an homebase antenna Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:39 pm by Firetrap

» Had my first qso
Swr an homebase antenna Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:35 pm by John123

» Call sign request (Issued)
Swr an homebase antenna Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:26 pm by John123

» Call sign request (Issued)
Swr an homebase antenna Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:25 pm by John123

» call sign request
Swr an homebase antenna Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:24 pm by John123

Keywords
midland power ALINCO Mckinley frequency yaesu ss9900 Buxton Calling tango radio list callsign sign alan call chart Mobile 6900n division Sirio president lincoln tickets antenna 9900
QRZ Database

Swr an homebase antenna

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kermit
kermit

Call Sign : 26-CT-3484 kermit
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Dursley GL11
Equipment Used : crt ss 6900n

Swr an homebase antenna Empty
PostSubject: Swr an homebase antenna   Swr an homebase antenna Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Hi all just a quick one if I take my new homebase antenna to my local swr field (as I haven't really got the room at my pub so when it's up that's it) then swr it to my as 6900 it should keep setting so I can get it straight up 1st time am I right or hopelessly worng

Many thanks Chris 73s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NUBSTER
Contributor
Contributor
NUBSTER

Call Sign : 26 CT050 26 FB080 26 WT105 26 TE171
Times Thanked : 21
QTH or Location : PALMERS GREEN NORTH LONDON
Equipment Used : original President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna

PostSubject: Re: Swr an homebase antenna   Swr an homebase antenna Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 10:24 pm

Yep your wrong mate ,you normally and it's very advisable to SWR an antenna everytime it gets moved from location to location especially homebase ones ,what antenna have you brought?.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kermit
kermit

PostSubject: Re: Swr an homebase antenna   Swr an homebase antenna Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 10:32 pm

Well the thought was there lol I've got a venom 1/2 wave by gain at the moment but might get something better for home and use that for going out (getting away from the wife) lol thanks for the info much appreciated

Many thanks Chris 73's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern Crusader
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

PostSubject: Re: Swr an homebase antenna   Swr an homebase antenna Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 4:35 pm

You won't notice any worthwhile improvement changing the antenna at home if you're already using a half wave. If you're wanting to do DXing when you're out and about make up a dipole for 11m and use a telescopic carp pole or telescopic painters pole to hold up the centre, bringing each leg of the dipole down at an angle. That'll make a great portable DX antenna.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kermit
kermit

PostSubject: Re: Swr an homebase antenna   Swr an homebase antenna Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 4:48 pm

Thanks for that Conor sounds like a great idea if I remember it right I think you can get them of eBay ready made up I'll check it out

73's Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Swr an homebase antenna
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: