Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Have You Just Arrived From Old Forum? : If you have then you need to click "Join CT" and register an account on this new forum. Your CT call sign is still valid and you don't need to apply for a new one.
CT Summer Prize Draw: Win a Brand New President Mckinley 11m all mode radio!! See the Latest News forum for details.
Still Time: There is still time to buy a ticket for the raffle. See news forum for details.
Latest News: If you are trying to log in to this forum using the login details from the old forum they will not work. You must register a new account here to be able to post. Your CT call sign is still valid, you don't need another one.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Latest News: The CT website is now fully secure with an SSL certificate so you never have to worry about security or privacy when online at Charlie Tango.
Thanks for your patience: We are glad you all approve of the changes and to the forum and for all the great feedback received. There are just a couple of creases to be ironed out now which are been currently worked on.
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» The lure of radio - why do you do it?
You coulld skip this Icon_minitimeToday at 12:20 pm by Cozzmik

» SWR ZETAGI 203W HELP!
You coulld skip this Icon_minitimeToday at 11:13 am by Moleman

» Essex 27.305 USB - and thank you!
You coulld skip this Icon_minitimeToday at 11:02 am by Victor

» Introduction and Call-Sign Request
You coulld skip this Icon_minitimeToday at 7:31 am by StevieG

» Call sign request (Issued)
You coulld skip this Icon_minitimeToday at 7:30 am by StevieG

» Call sign request (Issued)
You coulld skip this Icon_minitimeToday at 7:29 am by StevieG

» call sign request
You coulld skip this Icon_minitimeToday at 7:28 am by StevieG

» Greeting and request new call sign (Issued)
You coulld skip this Icon_minitimeToday at 12:23 am by yb1tj

» Help with President McKinley.
You coulld skip this Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:43 pm by Northern Crusader

Keywords
alan Sirio callsign Calling radio sign Mobile yaesu chart tickets frequency ALINCO ss9900 midland tango division 6900n lincoln call 9900 president list antenna Buxton Mckinley power
QRZ Database

You coulld skip this

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jape

Call Sign : 26-CT-1894
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Eastbourne
Equipment Used : AT66 Gainmaster

You coulld skip this Empty
PostSubject: You coulld skip this   You coulld skip this Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 9:11 pm

OK. I went on USB triple 5 today. There were Spanish - German = Dutch - Italian etc coming in. That's okay but I'm not really ino forign stuff. What I was really hoping for was some UK Stations out side of my local area - like the South West or London and the North ec All I get is still my local stations.

Does the skip end at my front door? Why no UK staions riding the skip?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cozzmik
Cozzmik

Call Sign : 26-CT-465/OP-465/FB-012
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : Rigs n twigs

PostSubject: Re: You coulld skip this   You coulld skip this Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 7:40 am

Eastbourne to London is too far for groundwave (usually) but i often speak with Brighton etc and too close for short hop skip which is usually a few hundred miles which often happens in spring/summer.Of course radio is a weird ole thing so all of that could change and you just never know.

But you need 80/40metre ham bands for uk to uk copies in the main......
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Leurbost2006
Leurbost2006

Call Sign : 108CT059
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Isle of Lewis
Equipment Used : Anytone at5555 v5: Homebrew Dipole/Loft mounted

PostSubject: Re: You coulld skip this   You coulld skip this Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 8:26 am

Through the Summer you will occasionally get some short skip 'sporadic-e' you can often get contacts from all over the UK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jape

Call Sign : 26-CT-1894
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Eastbourne
Equipment Used : AT66 Gainmaster

PostSubject: Re: You coulld skip this   You coulld skip this Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 9:08 am

Cozzmik wrote:
Eastbourne to London is too far for groundwave (usually) but i often speak with Brighton etc and too close for short hop skip which is usually a few hundred miles which often happens in spring/summer.Of course radio is a weird ole thing so all of that could change and you just never know.

But you need 80/40metre ham bands for uk to uk copies in the main......

Best UK so far has been Hastings (East) and Helliley (North) Nothing in to Kent or Brighton with either antenna, but can dx abroad with both.

Think this is just a bad location
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cozzmik
Cozzmik

Call Sign : 26-CT-465/OP-465/FB-012
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : Rigs n twigs

PostSubject: Re: You coulld skip this   You coulld skip this Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 4:13 pm

Leurbost2006 wrote:
Through the Summer you will occasionally get some short skip 'sporadic-e' you can often get contacts from all over the UK.

Great times when that happens,i remember speaking with yourself over the years dating back to 2014 so my log informs me..
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

You coulld skip this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: