Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Have You Just Arrived From Old Forum? : If you have then you need to click "Join CT" and register an account on this new forum. Your CT call sign is still valid and you don't need to apply for a new one.
CT Summer Prize Draw: The first number drawn will win a Brand New President Mckinley Tuned Export 11m all mode radio!! See the Latest News forum for details.
Runner-Up Prize: The second number to be drawn will win a £30 Paypal Gift. There is still time to get involved.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» call sign request
Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeToday at 8:29 pm by tc588

» Call sign request (Issued)
Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeToday at 8:13 pm by GaryWilson

» returning old newbee (Issued)
Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeToday at 8:06 pm by GaryWilson

» Callsign request (Issued)
Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeToday at 7:59 pm by GaryWilson

» Returning To CB + Call Sign Request (Issued)
Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeToday at 7:55 pm by GaryWilson

» Like to join and receive call sign (Issued)
Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeToday at 7:51 pm by GaryWilson

» Reset problem Maas DX5000
Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeToday at 7:25 pm by Bullet93

» velocity factor table
Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeToday at 6:46 pm by BigTone

» Inline antenna matcher
Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeToday at 5:19 pm by Nik70UK

Keywords
list president sign Buxton call ALINCO alan 9900 antenna chart midland tickets tango division ss9900 callsign lincoln frequency Mobile Sirio 6900n Calling radio yaesu Mckinley power
QRZ Database

Patience rewarded! DX opening

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Victor
Contributor
Contributor
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228
Times Thanked : 25
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Patience rewarded! DX opening Empty
PostSubject: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 7:02 pm

Bit of an opening on 27Mhz tonight...Europe flooding in Smile

Tried calling to the typical no avail and then suddenly....

13LR/GR15 Germany Micha logged me with a 5/9 on 27.535Mhz USB

SmileSmileSmileSmile

Super-stoked and had to tell somebody Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
skipmaster
skipmaster

Call Sign : 26ct1079 26wr251
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : west midlands

PostSubject: Re: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 9:27 pm

well done Victor been chaotic at times i had some good results on mid block fm 19 and 13 division but its great to hear some good conditions Very Happy hope you get plenty more cheers take care enjoy the radio 73's Mark
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
Contributor
Contributor
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 9:52 pm

Hi Mark,

Cheers mate, appreciated Smile

Yeah, loads piling in mid-block FM early on, France, Italy then Germany. Call as I might there was no getting through and I almost did my usual of giving up but thought I'd scan around the triple 5's before switching off. Heard the "QRZ", called in and blow me called straight back! Was the usual "5/9 73's" short contact affair but gave me a buzz. Goes to prove my bit of wire inverted V in the loft actually flipping works Wink

Had reverted back to just shortwave listening but a short opening DX has given me the go to keep on trying.

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
skipmaster
skipmaster

Call Sign : 26ct1079 26wr251
QTH or Location : west midlands

PostSubject: Re: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 10:06 pm

quality Victor now thats the way , i used to live in a three story building we had the top two floors so i put a skylab vertical across the loft and believe it or not a three element beam as well lol! it pointed south to france i had so many contacts but the best was south africa zaire ivory coast and many more not sure exactly what you use but dont give up it will only get better Wink Mark
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 10:22 pm

Well done, Victor. I was well pleased to have a couple of contacts a two weeks ago. One into Austria and another into Italy.

If you hear Germany coming in. It is always worth dropping down on to Low band (FM) as it is part of their domestic frequency allocation. I have had some great contacts down there, over the years.

73s John.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
Contributor
Contributor
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 10:44 pm

Cheers for that John, nice snippet of information too! Much appreciated Smile

I'd all but given up on CB DX not having had much luck with my bits of wire fan dipole array in the loft. Being disabled I had a volunteer put it up for me with some direction and it's great for SWL but never proved itself CB wise. Current situation means not being able to get help tweaking it but now it's finally proved itself so I'm well chuffed!

Mark, three element beam in the loft, now that is going something Smile Be nice to get some further DX but much happier for now.

Cheers again fellas, really appreciated.
Victor
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cozzmik
Cozzmik

Call Sign : 26-CT-465/OP-465/FB-012
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : Rigs n twigs

PostSubject: Re: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2020 6:40 am

Great work Victor,

Often calling away from .555 works wonders and i remember before t5 was a call freq,so any freq was game for calling out on,still works well in my experience.

Ive worked the world on 11m and the greatest buzz is with low power or a smaller antenna and when conditions return Australia and NZ can be worked on a firestik in the loft (ive done it and have the qsl cards to prove) good luck on many more qso`s..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
Contributor
Contributor
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2020 7:15 am

Cheers Sam, much appreciated Smile

Yeah, "Triple-Nickel" was an American thing as I recall. When conditions were right you simply clicked 'high', popped to USB and called your guts out! Very Happy

It's got to be some 30 odd years since I had the buzz of contacting Germany last and funnily enough with a homemade bits-of-wire inverted V antenna which proved itself back then.
Ha, I fondly remember how excited I got all those years ago and as you can imagine with a few years added to me I nearly flipping wet myself when I got a shout back! Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers again and all the best to you,
Victor

(Mention of a Firestik threw me back, remember screwing one of those on top of the old Cortina!!)

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
NUBSTER
Contributor
Contributor
NUBSTER

Call Sign : 26 CT050 26 FB080 26 WT105 26 TE171
Times Thanked : 21
QTH or Location : PALMERS GREEN NORTH LONDON
Equipment Used : original President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna

PostSubject: Re: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2020 7:47 am

Well done Victor ,I'm the same as Sam ( Cozzmik) remember before the T5 which actually was started by the Alpha Tango Groupe in Italy about 1989/90 I cant remember exactly I do have the history somewhere so it wasn't the Yanks ,there call frequency are or where Channel 6AM mids27
:025 which is called The Superbowl which is totally mad if you haven't got anything in power under a 1Kw that class you as a QRP station lol, also they use to use channel 38 mids 27:385 LSB that was there calling channel you also got a bit of Canada on there too ,if the conditions come back like they was when we heard them now that would be better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
Contributor
Contributor
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2020 9:01 am

Hiya Martin. Cheers mate, appreciate it Smile

Sounds about right, I'm sure the Americans adopted the 555's and 'Americanised' it to "Triple-Nickel".
Flip yeah, remember the "Superbowl" stations...they used to call them "Alligator Stations" - All mouth and no ears!! Ha! Very Happy

Hee, nice to reminisce and to be flying those CB airwaves again. Life in the old dog yet Wink

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
NUBSTER
Contributor
Contributor
NUBSTER

Call Sign : 26 CT050 26 FB080 26 WT105 26 TE171
Times Thanked : 21
QTH or Location : PALMERS GREEN NORTH LONDON
Equipment Used : original President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna

PostSubject: Re: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2020 10:04 am

I think if we had the skip what we had back say from 1998 to about 2013 where the nearly the world was open on 11m, people now would freak out , makes me laugh when I read some of the CB newbies getting excited of getting a copy 30/40 mile from there QTH, I remember we had a thing called shoutbox on the old original CT website to tell others how the skip was running and other quick messages and it was always a regular thing someone would say on it something like Australia is calling on such n such frequency or South Africa is booming in copys to Germany and Spain was like local stuff back then lol ,I use to talk to a station in Greece every Saturday morning on SSB like if he was down the road during the week from about 1pm in the afternoon you would stat to get Statesideand Canada coming through unitill late afternoon early evening, I wish those conditions would come back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern Crusader
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

PostSubject: Re: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 1:58 am

Sporadic-E really kicks off a month either side of the solstices so April-July time and October-December.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Markone
Markone

Call Sign : 26-CT-3433
QTH or Location : Hull
Equipment Used : Midland Alan 88s + crt 9900

PostSubject: Re: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 9:06 pm

hi all,only been back dxing for 8 weeks.at first nothing but got first contact in Italy on my midland ive had for 30 years and was hooked again.12 wats and a silver rod got me thinking,so straight onto Ebay new psu and a ss 9900 soon on the way.all set up and nothing for days ,then band opened and more contacts.but last Friday just switch on heard a station calling from Indonesia,the island of Bali.I answered and to my surprise got a good contact.had to tell someone not stopped smiling for days and needed to share.keep the faith
73s mark
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 118
QTH or Location : London
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 6:25 am

Nice one mark, Indonesia is a great contact in the log! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
ANTONIO

Call Sign : 1-CT-018
QTH or Location : ANCONA ITALY
Equipment Used : PRESIDENT MCKINLEY, TEAM ROADCOM, INTEK 520 PLUS, HARRIER CBX

PostSubject: Re: Patience rewarded! DX opening   Patience rewarded! DX opening Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 12:15 pm

CQ DX
CQ DX
1-CT-018 EAST COAST OF ADRIATICA ANCONA ITALY
Some may have heard this with the good probegation we are having.
Nice to hear from you.
Catch you all later
73 for now
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Patience rewarded! DX opening
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: