Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Have You Just Arrived From Old Forum? : If you have then you need to click "Join CT" and register an account on this new forum. Your CT call sign is still valid and you don't need to apply for a new one.
CT Summer Prize Draw: Win a Brand New President Mckinley 11m all mode radio!! See the Latest News forum for details.
Still Time: There is still time to buy a ticket for the raffle. See news forum for details.
Latest News: If you are trying to log in to this forum using the login details from the old forum they will not work. You must register a new account here to be able to post. Your CT call sign is still valid, you don't need another one.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Latest News: The CT website is now fully secure with an SSL certificate so you never have to worry about security or privacy when online at Charlie Tango.
Thanks for your patience: We are glad you all approve of the changes and to the forum and for all the great feedback received. There are just a couple of creases to be ironed out now which are been currently worked on.
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» The lure of radio - why do you do it?
CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeToday at 12:20 pm by Cozzmik

» SWR ZETAGI 203W HELP!
CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeToday at 11:13 am by Moleman

» Essex 27.305 USB - and thank you!
CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeToday at 11:02 am by Victor

» Introduction and Call-Sign Request
CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:31 am by StevieG

» Call sign request (Issued)
CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:30 am by StevieG

» Call sign request (Issued)
CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:29 am by StevieG

» call sign request
CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:28 am by StevieG

» Greeting and request new call sign (Issued)
CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeToday at 12:23 am by yb1tj

» Help with President McKinley.
CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:43 pm by Northern Crusader

Keywords
sign Sirio ss9900 alan frequency Buxton callsign Mckinley list yaesu 6900n chart tango division radio ALINCO Mobile call midland tickets lincoln Calling 9900 power president antenna
QRZ Database

CB/Amature radios users?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 115
QTH or Location : London
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB/Amature radios users?   CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 8:20 am

Hi Sam,

Yes mate I get out in to Kent really well there used to be a little gang on the mids chanel 28 but it's fizzled out over the last couple of years. There was a chap in West Kingsdown that was a regular as well Colin I think? and John in Beckenham who was always on. My pal and I were on chanel 2 on the mids yesterday for over an hour I'm surprised no one QSK'd but I guess Saturday PM not many people would be about.

We've been discussing the shout box Sam the one on here is not so good. I think there are ways of improving it but none of us are sure how to do it. The site is still a work in progress. The old shout box was perfect for letting people know you were going to be active.

Yep I'm up for a sked Sam my half wave vertical is down at the moment but I can put up a T2LT in very little time. Perhaps we could catch up in the week I have a few non radio duties to get out the way today courtesy of Mrs W. Very Happy

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Cozzmik
Cozzmik

Call Sign : 26-CT-465/OP-465/FB-012
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : Rigs n twigs

PostSubject: Re: CB/Amature radios users?   CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 8:26 am

I heard you yesterday but was busy in my workshop,both of you was 5/5 clear as day..

Im also busy today but i call on mids ch 25 fm thru the parrot repeater when possible...great fun

All gone a bit off topic but hey isnt that the norm here hi hi

73 for now
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
NUBSTER
Contributor
Contributor
NUBSTER

Call Sign : 26 CT050 26 FB080 26 WT105 26 TE171
Times Thanked : 21
QTH or Location : PALMERS GREEN NORTH LONDON
Equipment Used : original President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna

PostSubject: Re: CB/Amature radios users?   CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 8:34 am

Yeah Gary ,Jake is lucky where he lives one of if not the highest point in North London , Yes agree Sam the shoutbox should be used more like we use to TBH that's how we all found out about things going on now at the time and to find out who's on we all have to arrange something
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: CB/Amature radios users?   CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 9:47 pm

Cozzmik wrote:
I heard you yesterday but was busy in my workshop,both of you was 5/5 clear as day..

Im also busy today but i call on mids ch 25 fm thru the parrot repeater when possible...great fun

All gone a bit off topic but hey isnt that the norm here hi hi

73 for now

Nice one Sam, I was using my Grant 2 with 4 watts into the Wilson 1000 on the car so that's not bad going!!!

I'll defiantly give you a shout in the week buddy. Very Happy

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: CB/Amature radios users?   CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 9:49 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
Yeah  Gary ,Jake is lucky where he lives one of if not the highest point in North London  , Yes agree Sam the shoutbox should be used more like we use to TBH that's how we all found out about things going on now at the time and to find out who's  on we all have to arrange something

Yes absolutely Martin. I'll have another look at the options we have for improving it and will definitely get up that hill to try and catch you on the wireless mate. Very Happy

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
The Doctor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3515
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Epping, Essex
Equipment Used : President McKinley CB on Antron 99, Uniden UBC785XLT on ScanKing Royal Discone, Motorola XTN446, Eurosonic Ultimate CB handheld

PostSubject: Re: CB/Amature radios users?   CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 1:17 am

Well, I remember getting a licence from the old Radiocommunications Agency for CB back in the late 1990's as a teenager. £15 or so I think.
Pointless, as was the UKFM radio.  
The waves were dead, with the exception of some distant men who just used to swear about various ills and ailments.  
(I think the Foundation ham licence was just being considered back then, and there was a war within the RSGB about the 12 wpm CW exam being dropped for full tickets.....).

Anyhow, lets just say that my radio went into the bin very quickly. (Keep in mind that these were the days before good internet coms, and mobile phones were not in big fashion either, so my life went "off-air" at this point).

Fast forward to today, and after watching Fred in the Shed's videos and seeing that AM and SSB were now legal, plus the RA had given way to OfCom, who are not fussed about crunching down on 11 metres, (see some proof:  https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/illegal_use_of_linear_amplifiers), I decided to give this hobby another go.

The d*ckheads are apparently still left behind on UKFM (let them stay there and die there).
The rest of us are now free to learn about antennas and power and make DX contacts. This has become a genuine tech hobby with room to explore and experiment - which is now attracting hams over onto the freedom of 11 metres.

My summary, as a young bloke who came, went, then came back:

Licensed days: utter crap, with £15 bits of paper that fixed / solved / achieved nothing.

Unlicensed days: The world is within reach, fun, great people, groups like this self-regulating (I imagine how the RSGB started) and no stuffy government departments with their rules, charges and closet 'ideas' (like the UKFM channel designation, cutting us off for best part of 40 years).

You don't need to be a mechanic to get a driving licence. You learn as you grow into it.
Same as radio. It just needs us - the better breed of 11 metre users  cheers

Doc

saltire likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Anglesey
Equipment Used : Rci 2950dx ,,,Yaesu FT-450D

PostSubject: Re: CB/Amature radios users?   CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 7:06 am

"The d*ckheads are apparently still left behind on UKFM"
They are still on ssb as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stephen Gunrunner
stephen Gunrunner

Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX26DD666.
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Equipment Used : ss9900 mass dx 5000 sirio 4000hp sirio 5000 turbo trimag tti 801 crt7u

PostSubject: Re: CB/Amature radios users?   CB/Amature radios users? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 1:38 pm

yes we have a few on the cb that play music and use only one channel ,but just because you are a ham does not make you a better person, I am a ham and seen a listened to so right know it all and a lot worse so you hams have to sort there own hobby out, but is its all ways the same can not or will not , but I like cb all ways but not ham I do my own thing, and this does there heads in you must follow and pass your next exam you must not do toy radio now that was it I give all my ham gear away to a good friend, I get more fun out of the cb and pmr and I am a pirate from day one and will all ways be one, and my first love is the cb and will all ways be
Back to top Go down
View user profile

CB/Amature radios users?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: