Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
New eQSL Email Service: Exchange eQSL cards quickly and easily with your very own eQSL email address like this... 26CT000@eQSL.me or 26CT000@charlietango.co.uk - See Latest News forum for more details.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CT Callsign request
0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video) Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 am by rapidshotuk

» Possible problems of requesting a callsign
0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video) Icon_minitimeToday at 1:28 am by Heritage Builders

» CT Callsign request
0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video) Icon_minitimeToday at 12:14 am by Wolfie28

» Avanti Sigma 4
0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:46 pm by Northern Crusader

» Hello I'm new to CB and looking for people Around Lincolnshire
0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:44 pm by Tommydarlo

» Power mics
0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:44 pm by Northern Crusader

» call sign request
0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:06 pm by Victor

» Requesting a CT callsign and introdution (Issued)
0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:51 pm by Victor

» 4 element quad for portable
0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:47 pm by Rotel240

Keywords
bazooka alan frequency call chart 9900 yaesu president antenna lincoln midland power Calling sign division tickets callsign list Sirio Mobile Buxton ALINCO 6900n Mckinley radio ss9900
QRZ Database

0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
26CT1074

Call Sign : 26-CT-1074 / 29-CT-031
Times Thanked : 4
QTH or Location : East Sussex
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-891, Model 1 Lincoln & President Grant 2

0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video) Empty
PostSubject: 0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video)   0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video) Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 1:22 am

Hey guys,

just thought i'd share this video which is from my YouTube channel, I recorded it on the 19th May and we had a great tropo lift and French stations were booming across.

I spoke to a good radio friend of mine now, we have spoken many many times over PMR during tropo and his name is Jacky (14-FRS-119) and we were both using 500mw legal handheld PMR radios.

108 miles as the crow flies between my exact home QTH to his location on Utah Beach in Normandy.

I've never got such a buzz from radio and who knew it would come from a half watt PMR handy Smile

Link below, stay safe everyone
best 73'

Mike.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/c/OnTheMicwithMike
Alan - Mirror Man
Alan - Mirror Man

Call Sign : 108CT233
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : Central Scotland
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900 Beofeng UV5R Yaesu FTDX1200 CRT Micron CRT FP00 Sattelite 2000 antenna G5RV X30 co-linear

PostSubject: Re: 0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video)   0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video) Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 5:11 pm

Now there is an impressive feat, well done!
Subbed your YT channel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
26CT1074

Call Sign : 26-CT-1074 / 29-CT-031
Times Thanked : 4
QTH or Location : East Sussex
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-891, Model 1 Lincoln & President Grant 2

PostSubject: Re: 0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video)   0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video) Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 6:56 pm

Thanks Alan, most appreciated sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/c/OnTheMicwithMike
Mudslinger

Call Sign : 26CT612
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : West Oxfordshire
Equipment Used : Various SSB sets

PostSubject: Re: 0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video)   0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video) Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 11:13 am

Nicely done. Thats very impressive for a small PMR
Back to top Go down
View user profile

0.5w handy to 0.5w handy - Brighton UK to Normandy in France (Video)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: The DX Lounge :: PMR 446 DX-
Jump to: