Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Have You Just Arrived From Old Forum? : If you have then you need to click "Join CT" and register an account on this new forum. Your CT call sign is still valid and you don't need to apply for a new one.
CT Summer Prize Draw: The first number drawn will win a Brand New President Mckinley Tuned Export 11m all mode radio!! See the Latest News forum for details.
Runner-Up Prize: The second number to be drawn will win a £30 Paypal Gift. There is still time to get involved.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
Keywords
tango Buxton ALINCO list Mobile division power yaesu president Sirio lincoln ss9900 sign callsign Calling frequency call antenna 9900 6900n alan Mckinley chart tickets midland radio
QRZ Database

Commig back to CB

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pj73308

Call Sign : 108-CT-266
Times Thanked : -3
QTH or Location : Luthermuir Aberdeenshire
Equipment Used : non

Commig back to CB Empty
PostSubject: Commig back to CB   Commig back to CB Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2020 7:50 pm

I'm coming back to CB and will need to buy equipment.
I live in Aberdeenshire so my question is, is there a local shop to use

Paul
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Fox

Call Sign : 108-CT-255
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Fife Scotland
Equipment Used : CRT SS7900 - Sirio 2016

Commig back to CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commig back to CB   Commig back to CB Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2020 8:52 pm

Hi Paul,

I live a bit south from you and looked around for shops in the area and found none.

There are a couple of folk on eBay advertising in the central belt, however, their location changes per advert which suggests they are not where they say??
I have tried contacting them to determine if they had a shop but have never received any replies... dodgy me-thinks.

I would suggest having another look around the net, most shops are down south and check out prices as they can vary wildly from supplier to supplier depending on what you are looking to buy.

Graeme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NUBSTER
Contributor
Contributor
NUBSTER

Call Sign : 26 CT050 26 FB080 26 WT105 26 TE171
Times Thanked : 21
QTH or Location : PALMERS GREEN NORTH LONDON
Equipment Used : original President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna

Commig back to CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commig back to CB   Commig back to CB Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2020 9:44 pm

I'm in London and CB shops are about as rare as Unicorns poo ,TBH most CB equipment new and used is sold via internet or ebay ,there is one shop that's still going called Knights www.kcb.co.uk this company has been about for years TBH I dont know how they kept going there in Linconshire , also there is a place called Thunderpole there in Northampton www.thunderpole.co.uk there another business still surviving but as for CB shops of old there all gone mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan - Mirror Man
Alan - Mirror Man

Call Sign : 108CT233
Times Thanked : 5
QTH or Location : Central Scotland
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900 Beofeng UV5R Yaesu FTDX1200 CRT Micron CRT FP00 Sattelite 2000 antenna G5RV X30 co-linear

Commig back to CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commig back to CB   Commig back to CB Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2020 10:44 am

After looking long and hard in Central Region I came up with nothing either, I did get a reply from an eBay seller and we met up as he didn't have retail premises but I had better luck online.

I found a Scottish CB group on FB but ended up ordering mainly from eBay and would suggest Gumtree is always worth a look to see if anybody is selling equipment near you.

Best of luck with your search!

Alan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Templar
Templar

Call Sign : 26-CT-3550 Ham:- M7DEW
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Huddersfield West Yorkshire. UK
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-450D. CRT SS 6900n. CRT Micron

Commig back to CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commig back to CB   Commig back to CB Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2020 5:25 pm

Hi Paul, welcome back to CB, the group and the forum. You'll find many on here that have come back after many years away, I'm one of them, and much has changed but I'm enjoying relearning what I'd forgotten and getting back into the hobby.
With regards to the 2sites mentioned above, I have used them both for many things and both are good online shops to get your gear from. Delivery may take a day or two longer as they are so busy. Decide what you want then maybe do some research, watch someYouTube reviews ect to see what others think or ask on here.
Personally I'd recommend a sideband rig then you can DX when the propagation allows, it's been quite good lately which bodes well for the summer.
Cheers
Dale
26-CT-3550
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Commig back to CB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Multimode, Export and Sideband Radio-
Jump to: