Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Have You Just Arrived From Old Forum? : If you have then you need to click "Join CT" and register an account on this new forum. Your CT call sign is still valid and you don't need to apply for a new one.
CT Summer Prize Draw: The first number drawn will win a Brand New President Mckinley Tuned Export 11m all mode radio!! See the Latest News forum for details.
Runner-Up Prize: The second number to be drawn will win a £30 Paypal Gift. There is still time to get involved.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Rotel 240 power
Predictions? Icon_minitimeToday at 8:19 pm by glenn dog

» Win A President McKinley or £30 Paypal Deposit - CT 2020 Summer Prize Draw
Predictions? Icon_minitimeToday at 8:08 pm by Firetrap

» channel display on Baofeng uv-5r
Predictions? Icon_minitimeToday at 7:48 pm by dalesman

» 2020 Prize Draw Tickets and Entry
Predictions? Icon_minitimeToday at 7:40 pm by Firetrap

» Hi everyone
Predictions? Icon_minitimeToday at 7:30 pm by Tex853

» National Hamfest canceled
Predictions? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:50 pm by STARSHIP

» can i have call-sign please
Predictions? Icon_minitimeToday at 5:49 pm by munz

» Buxton Bash 2021
Predictions? Icon_minitimeToday at 5:40 pm by Paddy

» What Balun/Unun should I use?
Predictions? Icon_minitimeToday at 5:32 pm by Templar

Keywords
ALINCO tango call sign antenna callsign midland ss9900 president Sirio yaesu 9900 Buxton 6900n tickets chart Mobile alan frequency Calling division power Mckinley lincoln list radio
QRZ Database

Predictions?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
karelgol
karelgol

Call Sign : 19-CT-024
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Steenwijk, JO32bs
Equipment Used : Superstar 2000, President Bill Asc, AMP-150, Antron A99, Emperor LA-50

Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Predictions?   Predictions? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 10:32 am

I'm following the propagation predictions in the last few months, using this site, especially the band condition part(as the rest is much to complicated for me)

http://www.hamqsl.com/solar.html

and i read here reports about "great conditions" (end may) while i haven't seen the prediction for the 10-12m band changing from poor to anything better.

Am i looking at this prediction the wrong way?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
BigTone

Call Sign : G8YMW or 26CT4498
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : Lincoln and Finningley
Equipment Used : CRT 9900, Yaesu FT817, Kenwood TS570, Icom 910

Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predictions?   Predictions? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 10:58 pm

Depends on what you're looking at.
The problem is there is not much solar activity (apart from coronal hole activity) as we are bumping along the bottom of the 11 year solar cycle.
At the moment we are in the middle of the sporadic E season which is NOT solar and, as the name suggests, can take you by surprise.
For me the websites that are useful are:
spaceweather.com
dxmaps.com
blitzortung.org (there is some correlation between sporadic E and heavy thunderstorms)
Of course, you cannot beat keeping your ears peeled.
28.074 (FT8 frequency) I do not have the tackle to decode it but signal levels will give you an idea that something is happening
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bean

Times Thanked : 3

Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predictions?   Predictions? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2020 8:32 am

Its pretty certain that we have now past Solar minimum and the ramp up for cycle 25 should start over the next two years which will see an increase in the SFI and propagation for the higher HF bands . At the moment we are in the Sporadic E season which seems to be at an all time level for multi hop or an E hop from here into a higher MUF area around the Equator and onwards to further distance. There is a pier reviewed document out there that said heavy thunder storms actually destory E propagation but as this is a minor cause of Es of which there are a few its not anything to get to hung up about . On 10m yesterday morning it was open to the East for Asatic Russia and Kazakstan and by the early afternoon USA/Canada into the evening Bermuda , Angilla and Costa Rica and open to the USA for a good 2 hours for 10m SSB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern Crusader
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

Predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predictions?   Predictions? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2020 7:32 pm

The period around the solstices is usually very good for DX. The band picks up well around the end of October.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Predictions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: The DX Lounge :: 11m / 27mhz SSB DX Discussion-
Jump to: