Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign
XMAS COMPETITION: Win a Brand New Yaesu ft891 with Wideband Modification and to help the winner use it we are including a 30 Amp Power Supply on top. This is our biggest prize yet. All this could be yours for Christmas for just £20. - See Latest News Forum for details.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Call Sign : 26CT100 Posts : 235 Times Thanked : 9 Join date : 2019-06-25 QTH or Location : North Yorkshire Equipment Used : Emperor Shogun, Delta 318 Export, TYT380, Albrecht 2990AFS, SS3900 Age : 37
Subject: Survey - Please reply if you have time Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:16 pm
1. What products do you buy on Amazon?
2. How often do you use Amazon to shop?
3. Would you consider buying the same items from Amazon but through the CT forum?
4. Name 3 desirable walkie talkies..
5. What is your preferred brand in terms of radios and antennas?
6. Do you own a website or have a social network page where you would be willing to display a link to CT or share link on Facebook? In return for a link back to your site or page from the CT forum?
7. Do you write articles or reviews? I am looking for a resident reviewer to publish exclusive articles on the forum. It could be more than one person even. You would be given your own section of the site to run.
8. Regarding the shout box. Who likes it and who does not? I personally hate it. What's your thoughts?
9. I am going to be transferring some posts from the old forum to this one. It's going to be done manually so it's a big job. Does anyone think a particular topic should be brought over?
Thanks for your time.
Subject: Re: Survey - Please reply if you have time Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:48 pm
1, Radio/Cb gear 2, I don't daughter does it for me 3, Yes if the price was the same or better 4, Yaesu, Icom, Boafeng 5, Yaesu,,, Any 6, No 7, Not as of yet 8, Shout box ????? 9, None
Call Sign : 26CT2069 Posts : 131 Times Thanked : 21 Join date : 2019-08-09 QTH or Location : Pendle, Lancashire Equipment Used : CRT-SS9900
Subject: Re: Survey - Please reply if you have time Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:21 pm
1. None.....because they won't accept PayPal 2. Never (for above reason) 3. Maybe, depending on payment method/s 4. Yaesu, Icom, Motorola 5. Wire antennas (various types). Multimode radios (currently using CRT). 6. I don't "do" social media but I always leave a link to CTDX on radio-related videos on YouTube. 7. Maybe..... 8. Shout box...horrible (even the old Tapatalk one was better). 9. Articles about radio & antenna reviews seem to be most popular subjects.
Last edited by Pagan on Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posts : 28 Times Thanked : 7 Join date : 2020-01-02 QTH or Location : Leicester Equipment Used : FT-857D, Formac 88, 5/8 silver rod & Diamond V2000.
Subject: Re: Survey - Please reply if you have time Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:33 pm
1. As little as possible. 2. Very rarely. 3. Not unless I have to. I don't like Amazons business practices (exploiting the staff so the owner gets more money than anyone's ever going to need or use in a thousand lifetimes). 4. TYT TH-UV3R, Professional Radio PR-UV88, Baofeng BF888S. 5. Whatever works and is the right price and reliable. Not used enough different makes or models to make a judgement yet. 6. Not any more (used to run proxy network) and can't stand farcebook or any social media (I'm anti social, lol). I use radio, social media of the 80's. 7. Not tried, yet. 8. Never used it so couldn't say. Wouldn't miss it tbh. 9. Didn't like the old site so didn't visit a lot (OK, hardly ever).
Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 Ham M7VIC Posts : 1036 Times Thanked : 63 Join date : 2019-11-10 QTH or Location : Bedford Equipment Used : Various
Subject: Re: Survey - Please reply if you have time Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:13 am
Hi Lee. Don't know if this helps but I suppose any feedback is input
1. Unfortunately none. (Had trouble with them after an unauthorised prime music subscription I didn't make! Cancelled my account.)
2. Again, none. (For the same reason as above.)
3. I'd happily rather buy through CT if I knew it would benefit the group.
4. Walkie talkie....desirable? Hee! Sorry, have an Intek, (Baofeng). Looks fun, but pretty useless.
5. Yaesu, biased as I have one. Antennas? Luckily I can measure and cut my own pieces of wire.
6. Happily would if I had a site or actually used social media. Again, I'm not much help am I? I do tell people face to face.
7. Unfortunately again, no. But, I do enjoy reading reviews.
8. Shoutbox? Oh, the pesky box at the bottom that stops me scrolling to the latest topics when using my tablet? Nah, not a fan.
9. Not much flipping help am I? Only used the new forum. However I love reading through the posts so the more the merrier.
Like I said, not much help Lee. Sorry. I do however use my Charlie Tango callsign with pride, tagged it in my Google signature and spread the word whenever I can. Hopefully you get hold of people less useless than me.....and I'll support them as much as I can