Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
XMAS COMPETITION: Win a Brand New Yaesu ft891 with Wideband Modification and to help the winner use it we are including a 30 Amp Power Supply on top. This is our biggest prize yet. All this could be yours for Christmas for just £20. - See Latest News Forum for details.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Call sign request (Issued)
Congratulations  Icon_minitimeToday at 6:13 pm by Gavin

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
Congratulations  Icon_minitimeToday at 6:07 pm by JaRok2300

» Call Sign
Congratulations  Icon_minitimeToday at 5:37 pm by Kevinw

» QJE 10-12amp power supply
Congratulations  Icon_minitimeToday at 3:33 pm by Chefsdead

» CT calling frequency?
Congratulations  Icon_minitimeToday at 2:45 pm by NUBSTER

» Hf antenna
Congratulations  Icon_minitimeToday at 2:13 pm by 26ct954

» Ct running App
Congratulations  Icon_minitimeToday at 2:07 pm by 26ct954

» AA ni-cd Battery
Congratulations  Icon_minitimeToday at 10:04 am by morris

» QRZ.com Logbook and QSO confirmations
Congratulations  Icon_minitimeToday at 10:01 am by Victor

Keywords
call 9900 midland callsign list radio Mobile tango power Sirio ALINCO yaesu ss9900 Mckinley tickets president division charlie Calling antenna alan bazooka lincoln sign ss6900n frequency
QRZ Database

Congratulations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Service One
Service One

Call Sign : 26-CT-263 / Service One
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Huddersfield/Torremolinos
Equipment Used : Albrecht AE6110 Multi Channel Alan 546R,CRT Space -U Uhf Mobil Radio, Motorola Talkabout T82/T82 Extreme,Retvis RT45 and RT7Pmr

Congratulations  Empty
PostSubject: Congratulations    Congratulations  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 6:30 am

Congratulations on the new web site nice and quick and stable but will somebody change the “calander” heading to the Correct heading please 

Service one

GaryWilson and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 Ham M7VIC
Times Thanked : 73
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Congratulations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations    Congratulations  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 6:51 am

It's been mentioned, (more than once). It's been discussed with the team. I've even had a look on the administration panel myself, (cautiously being new to the team), where every mention/setting/link all appear to be spelled correctly........apart from the actual displayed button?!?!?!

It's a flickering fluorescent tube for some.......

..... we'll have to get it sorted Wink

NUBSTER and GaryWilson like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
NUBSTER
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member
NUBSTER

Call Sign : 26 CT050 26 FB080 26 WT105 26 TE171
Times Thanked : 41
QTH or Location : NORTH LONDON
Equipment Used : ORIGINAL President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna, use a AMP ofcourse I do sometimes

Congratulations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations    Congratulations  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 7:42 am

There has got to be more important things to worry about than a spelling issue on a forum, if bugs people that much dont look at it just enjoy the the rest of the forum.

glenn dog and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Congratulations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations    Congratulations  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 9:29 am

I've taken another look at the forum settings.....

We've actually spelled Calendar correctly in every single way! (Hover the mouse - correct, click on the link - correct, etc. etc.)

It's only spelled incorrectly on the button graphic which is part of the forum theme graphics. 
So, technically, not our fault, (grovel, grovel, mumble, excuses Wink)

Not a straight forward fix I'm afraid, but as mentioned before, the team is aware and we will be on it.
(If only to rid ourselves of constantly being reminded Wink)

Thanks for pointing it out, first time for you but unfortunately the 'nth time for us so please accept my slightly jovial response. Just trying to keep it all light humoured.

Unfortunately, that's the most time I can spend voluntarily here today, things to do.

Have a good day all and I'll see you later today Smile

All the best,
Victor

CT Admin.

Sydthecat, NUBSTER and Paddy like this post

Back to top Go down
Service One
Service One

Call Sign : 26-CT-263 / Service One
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Huddersfield/Torremolinos
Equipment Used : Albrecht AE6110 Multi Channel Alan 546R,CRT Space -U Uhf Mobil Radio, Motorola Talkabout T82/T82 Extreme,Retvis RT45 and RT7Pmr

Congratulations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations    Congratulations  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 11:52 am

Hi didn’t mean to start anything just pointing out a glaring error which draws my eye to it every time I log on but some people will put with anything whether it is important or not so makes one wonder what else he lets slip by. 
73s 
Service One
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NUBSTER
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member
NUBSTER

Equipment Used : ORIGINAL President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna, use a AMP ofcourse I do sometimes

Congratulations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations    Congratulations  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 1:16 pm

Who and what does that meant to mean ? "let things slip by ", do you have a problem with the way the forum is being run or the admin or owner ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paddy
CT Directors
CT Directors
Paddy

Call Sign : 26CT2727
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Stockport
Equipment Used : Icom 7300. Icom 9700, Yaesu FTM400XD, FT70 and Anytone AT6666

Congratulations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations    Congratulations  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 1:41 pm

Service One wrote:
Hi didn’t mean to start anything just pointing out a glaring error which draws my eye to it every time I log on but some people will put with anything whether it is important or not so makes one wonder what else he lets slip by. 
73s 
Service One
Victor did a superb job of explaining the situation with the “Button” I see no sense in you continuing to push it with more inflammatory statements I.e. What else “HE” lets slip by.

73 (no S)

Sydthecat, NUBSTER, glenn dog and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NUBSTER
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member
NUBSTER

Congratulations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations    Congratulations  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 1:51 pm

There is always one Paddy, wouldn't be a forum without a Victor Meldrew type on it .

Sorry to take your first name in vain Victor mate 😉😉

Paddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Congratulations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations    Congratulations  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 5:01 pm

"I don't believe it!"

lol! 

Honestly Martin, it's not a problem. With the the less than common first name of Victor I've heard them all...."I liked it so much, I bought the company". (Victor Kiam if anyone's old enough to remember that one!) Oh did I always, I mean always, laugh at that one Wink

As far as the button spelling, it's been pointed out, (again), it's been explained and it will be handled. Just glad the rest of the forum is running so well! Smile

As for letting things slip by, the forum rules and general decorum are never left to 'slip by'.

Grammatical errors are one thing, good behaviour is quite another. 

Done and dusted.

All the best,
Victor

CT Admin.
Back to top Go down
Knig

Call Sign : 137-CT-006 MD7KNE
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Isle of Man
Equipment Used : Icom 7100, Pres McKinley

Congratulations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations    Congratulations  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 6:35 pm

I noticed it a few weeks ago. After being slated for mentioning it, I snigger now when 1) I see it again and 2) when people bite when someone mentions it :-) 
Thanks Victor, I'd actually forgotten about "I liked it so much, I bought the company"  and in a similar vein,
(Fathers will appreciate this one) My daughter is in her 30's now, although I think of her as being a teenager still, sigh...., time moves on :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Congratulations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations    Congratulations  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 7:48 pm

Hi Nigel,

Yeah, it's a silly thing and not entirely our fault, (or that easy to rectify). Glad it makes you snigger now Smile
It's not the end of the world though Wink
Easy for someone mentioning it the first time but quite 'smile through gritted teeth' for us lot(!)

Victor Kiam, threw you back a bit didn't it? Very Happy

I know how you feel mate, my daughters are hitting their thirties, both pregnant with their third child each....yet they're still my little girls and the pregnancies are immaculate conceptions!! It's an ageing Father thing Wink

How you getting on with that new Ham licence? 
That MD callsign is etched in my head now that I'm studying for Foundation.

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
Knig

Call Sign : 137-CT-006 MD7KNE
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Isle of Man
Equipment Used : Icom 7100, Pres McKinley

Congratulations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations    Congratulations  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi Victor,
Going well so far, digital modes mostly, it seems that I'm just about in the right place to contact Sweden and Norway skipping over Scotland!! Winlink tests ok as well, via.....Norway, so email and weather forecasts are always available straight to the laptop without an Internet connection. This gives me a bit of a kick to study for intermediate and general license so I can (legally) use winlink when sailing anywhere. 

10 watts at the moment though is a bit of a pain :-(

Managed to get hold of a President Mckinley, as my plan to win the draw failed miserably, but CB is pretty dead where I am in Douglas valley, so my next try is driving up to the hills and camp for a couple of days to get some distance :-)

Take care one and all
Nigel

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Congratulations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations    Congratulations  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 9:39 pm

Nice to hear you getting on well Nigel, all good stuff Smile

Great job on the McKinley too, saw your SOTAish posting and wish you all the best for it.

Not long til my exam now so here's hoping I get to work you on the bands one day.

Take it easy and all the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Congratulations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations    Congratulations  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Congratulations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-