Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Have You Just Arrived From Old Forum? : If you have then you need to click "Join CT" and register an account on this new forum. Your CT call sign is still valid and you don't need to apply for a new one.
CT Summer Prize Draw: The first number drawn will win a Brand New President Mckinley Tuned Export 11m all mode radio!! See the Latest News forum for details.
Runner-Up Prize: The second number to be drawn will win a £30 Paypal Gift. There is still time to get involved.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Just got my new licence
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 4:11 pm by Nik70UK

» Inline antenna matcher
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 4:09 pm by Nik70UK

» Request a Call sign
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 1:09 pm by John123

» Call sign request (Issued)
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 1:07 pm by John123

» request call sign (Issued)
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 1:06 pm by John123

» New member introduction (Issued)
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 1:06 pm by John123

» Call sign request
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 1:05 pm by John123

» Introduction & Call-Sign Request (Issued)
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 1:04 pm by John123

» HF 0-30mhz radios VS dedicated 11m Radios
Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeToday at 10:59 am by Scan125

Keywords
sign lincoln ss9900 antenna frequency callsign tickets Mobile 9900 6900n power alan yaesu midland Calling Buxton radio Sirio Mckinley division ALINCO call list president tango chart
QRZ Database

Lost Really ????????

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Badgeruk1980
Badgeruk1980

Call Sign : G0SGR,CT3226,(Badger).
Times Thanked : -3
QTH or Location : Wiltshire,UK
Equipment Used : Kenwood TS-570DG, Alinco DXSR9, CRT SS6900, UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Lost Really ???????? Empty
PostSubject: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 6:35 pm

Started back on the radio a month or so ago after 25+ years off the airways. There don’t seem to be a lot of people out there wanting to help out or even put you in the right direction for help. People want to go on about “there is no point as no one is on anymore!! Or say give up. I have had some QRM issues when post looking for help the only reply you get is look online or deal with it that’s nothing. Maybe if it was like the old days and fellow users helped out each other there maybe more people out there. I will not be giving up as had some really good copys the last few weeks. Just hope to get the QRM down. Sorry for the little rant. But come on we all need to stick together.

73’s Smile Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
morris
morris

Call Sign : CT11111
Times Thanked : 4
QTH or Location : kent

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Hello Badger, if you are homebased and suffering Qrm chances are it`s modern  technology related, i suffered Qrm which turned out be a laptop charger, best to turn of all electrical items to see if that improves matters. Best chances of making contacts seems be going static mobile at your local high ground if you have any locally, don`t give up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Badgeruk1980
Badgeruk1980

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 8:15 pm

Getting contact is not a problem I get out ok and pick so so as QRM is killing me. Just want to get it down as much as I can just looking for as much help as I can really. Really enjoy being on the radio. Thanks for your comment. 😀😀
Back to top Go down
View user profile
morris
morris

Call Sign : CT11111
Times Thanked : 4
QTH or Location : kent

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 8:22 pm

Try and narrow down the source of the Qrm by switching various items on and off, that`s what i did, but it could possibly be interference from a neighbour, good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
GoldVolvo

Call Sign : 26TM676
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : IO83 Congleton, Cheshire
Equipment Used : Rotel RVC240/Cobra 19GTL at the moment

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 10:34 pm

So much switch-mode power supply hash these days, I agree try to eliminate "internal" sources by switching everything except the radio off & if it's much improved then start turning stuff back on until you find the worst culprit. I find laptop chargers and one particular LED lightbulb amongst the worst offenders at home.

If it's coming from external sources then try and eliminate if it's getting through your power supply (run from 12v battery for a short while) or antenna. Hopefully it's antenna, and then you can work towards repositioning the antenna for least rubbish. (this is the big one for me since, like you, I'm getting out fine just struggling to pick other folk out of the egg & bacon. Hoping a decent antenna up over the roofline at the back will be a revelation compared to my current effort lashed to a fencepost).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Badgeruk1980
Badgeruk1980

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 7:21 am

Running a Sigma 2011 Skip Master 5/8 wave as my main antenna but got a sirio gps27 1/2 silver rod about 50ft away and that is pick up the same s4/7. QRM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 118
QTH or Location : London
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 5:07 pm

Hello Badger.

QRM is a tricky issue in a world full of devices that have the potential to splatter all over the radio spectrum. It's the bane of many a radio users life. You will suffer particularly on the 11 meter band but it's a problem across the entire radio spectrum. The Ham bands are protected by ofcom so things are a little kinder there but 11 meters (c.b.) is not protected at all so many of those pesky electrical devices don't have any filtering to stop the emissions that you are suffering from. The reason you are being told to research the issue on the internet is probably the fact that the issue is complex and quite extensive so a little study on "Good radio housekeeping" is the way forward.

Obvious offenders for the QRM would be L.E.D lights, cheap Chinese chargers for phones etc, Plasma TV's, Boilers, Solar panels, the list goes on and on. The solution depends entirely on the cause of the problem.

Start by turning everything off in you home at the mains and powering the radio by battery, if the noise drops then you know it's you that's causing the problem. Then power back up turning things on one by one monitoring the QRM on your radio. You might just find the source of the noise. If it's not you then it's obviously coming from a local source in your area. So you would need to do the same with your Neighbours.

If you believe you have a specific problem then by all means raise it and we will try and assist you with it. Good luck with this.

73's Gary.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
John 68CT045
John 68CT045

Call Sign : 68CT045
Times Thanked : 5
QTH or Location : Carrickfergus / Northern Ireland - UK
Equipment Used : (Superstar 3900 EFT) (YAESU FT 450) - (SIRIO Gainmaster)

PostSubject: Re: Lost Really ????????   Lost Really ???????? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 7:12 pm

We suffer the same with QRM, its a pain. I live at the bottom of the estate and my brother lives at the top. We both get the same amount of 6-7lbs of crap static and those we talk to who break through and hit us on a 9 pounder also bring the static in with them. If we go mobile onto the shoreline it is almost gone. At the house my bro has tried a few antennas vetor 4000, a couple 99's a silver rod and so on, meaning fiberglass vs aluminium doesn't come into the debate as the static is bad no matter what. Another bud in couple estates over (1/2 mile) same thing. BTW this is on all bands A,B,C,D,E,F - FM/AM/SSB all I can say is that its a digital world looking to kill off anolog - here comes Skynet and the Terminators next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/oscarsierra/?ref=bookmarks

Lost Really ????????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: