Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Have You Just Arrived From Old Forum? : If you have then you need to click "Join CT" and register an account on this new forum. Your CT call sign is still valid and you don't need to apply for a new one.
CT Summer Prize Draw: The first number drawn will win a Brand New President Mckinley Tuned Export 11m all mode radio!! See the Latest News forum for details.
Runner-Up Prize: The second number to be drawn will win a £30 Paypal Gift. There is still time to get involved.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Just got my new licence
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeToday at 4:11 pm by Nik70UK

» Inline antenna matcher
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeToday at 4:09 pm by Nik70UK

» Request a Call sign
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeToday at 1:09 pm by John123

» Call sign request (Issued)
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeToday at 1:07 pm by John123

» request call sign (Issued)
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeToday at 1:06 pm by John123

» New member introduction (Issued)
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeToday at 1:06 pm by John123

» Call sign request
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeToday at 1:05 pm by John123

» Introduction & Call-Sign Request (Issued)
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeToday at 1:04 pm by John123

» HF 0-30mhz radios VS dedicated 11m Radios
They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeToday at 10:59 am by Scan125

Keywords
chart 6900n midland sign lincoln yaesu tango call power Sirio tickets Mckinley callsign alan radio ALINCO Buxton ss9900 Mobile 9900 division president frequency antenna Calling list
QRZ Database

They're still there!!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vlaanderen

Call Sign : 26-CT-3357
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : North West U.K.
Equipment Used : CRT SS6900

They're still there!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 8:53 pm

Fixed up the little Midland Alan in the truck today as I had to venture out.
Went on to Channel 19 (UK FM) and the idiots who were on abusing everything and anybody haven't gone away after over thirty five years.
Language certainly not needed, plus they were running Kenwoods and Yaesus with plenty of power.
I'm sure a lot of people around my locality packed up because of these idiots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NUBSTER
Contributor
Contributor
NUBSTER

Call Sign : 26 CT050 26 FB080 26 WT105 26 TE171
Times Thanked : 21
QTH or Location : PALMERS GREEN NORTH LONDON
Equipment Used : original President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 9:37 pm

And yes there is another thing believe it or not alot of them are licensed Amateurs too ,and before someone sayes no there not, you dont know what your talking about cos it true.

I shall await to be slagged off for my comment
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Victor
Contributor
Contributor
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228
Times Thanked : 25
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 9:43 pm

Hiya Norman,

Don't worry about it mate, think it's quite a universal thing Very Happy
Some people unfortunately will pack up just because of this sort of behaviour, which is a shame.

When I first came back to CB I had no luck on 19, (in hindsight, quite luckily!), and scanned around for days until I did find someone. Called QSK & "on the side" a few times with the eventual response being, "Whoever's calling on the side, just f*ck off!".....
Rather than anything negative I thought, "Great, my setup is working!", they obviously heard me to get back any response Very Happy

It can be the same anywhere, asshats on CB, asshats on Amateur Radio, heck asshats on forums Wink
It's just about seeing the lighter side to life and not letting the asshats ruin it for you, (which I know can be quite hard).

The old saying goes, "The world is not full of assh*les, it's just that you get to meet one every damn day!"

Some people elevate themselves by helping others up, some fool themselves to elevation by kicking others down.

Keep at it mate, you'll get the nice 'breakers' eventually Smile

73's
Victor
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TJS 26CT3029
TJS 26CT3029

Call Sign : 26-CT-3029
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Dudley
Equipment Used : CTR SS9900 SS6900N Fidelity CB 3000FM Ham international multimode 2 Imax 2000

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 10:08 pm

I never go on the muppets now all i did is ask for my first radio check after just setup got told to f**k off same guy put music on for a couple of hours  i know the guy who did it he will not do it again i have ad a nice chat with some good guys on 19 its ups and downs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razz229
Contributor
Contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 4
QTH or Location : Brightlights, West Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m CRE 8900, K-PO NM-532 Power Mic, Turner JM+2\U Power Mic, Moonraker 1/2 wave GPA antenna, Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9000D, a 1/4 wave GPA & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 12:31 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
And yes there is another thing believe it or not alot of them are licensed Amateurs too ,and before someone sayes no there not, you dont know what your talking about cos it true.

I've got to agree with you Martin, but what is worse, some have radio forum & facebook group callsigns Mad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NUBSTER
Contributor
Contributor
NUBSTER

Equipment Used : original President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 3:03 pm

Razz229 wrote:
NUBSTER wrote:

I've got to agree with you Martin, but what is worse, some have radio forum & facebook group callsigns Mad Sad
I know Ray ,didnt know about Facebook cos I dont do that not interested ,but there has been some well known ars*holes on the radio(CB) over the years and most have been proven to have licences some with full licence too and even been in the newspapers about there cr*p they do and also been reported to authorities and nothing got done about it ,will not metion names but there is bunch in East London  and South London that used to and still do just block the uk19 FM and now actionly the T5 and have done for years but as radio has been quite ATM so have they and the most famous one in Glasgow who back in the mid 2000's when we had brilliant conditions on radio getting copies all over the UK and Europe he use to insult the world on SSB and everyone on UKFM ,and these ones I have mentioned have been proven to be full licence Amateurs.

Please don't take this as a dig at all Amateur Radio operators because it's not  I know there is good and bad in all radio but it just seems strange that the main ars*holes happen to be licensed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Razz229
Contributor
Contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
QTH or Location : Brightlights, West Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m CRE 8900, K-PO NM-532 Power Mic, Turner JM+2\U Power Mic, Moonraker 1/2 wave GPA antenna, Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9000D, a 1/4 wave GPA & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 6:25 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
Razz229 wrote:
NUBSTER wrote:

Please don't take this as a dig at all Amateur Radio operators because it's not  I know there is good and bad in all radio but it just seems strange that the main ars*holes happen to be licensed.

Have to agree with you Martin there are many good CB and Amateur radio users out there. It's a shame that the few spoil it for the majority.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt86
CT Directors
CT Directors
Matt86

Call Sign : 26ct2767
QTH or Location : Swindon
Equipment Used : Yaesu ft818 , yaesu 8900r , yaesu ft950, stalker 9

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 10:08 pm

This is why I mainly on ssb and stay away from uk40 spart from sids net .

Dont give up, plenty good 11m operators and hams out there .

73 , Matt

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDKOcut5wtIUlNKHHSM0wyw?view_as=subscriber
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NUBSTER
Contributor
Contributor
NUBSTER

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 9:06 am

Matt86 wrote:
This is why I mainly on ssb and stay away from uk40 spart from sids net .

Dont give up, plenty good 11m operators and hams out there .

73 , Matt
90% I'm normally on SSB myself Matt and the other 10% AM, I dont really like the FM mode TBH anyway and as for UKFM waste of time in my area as what I mentioned in one of post why ,but be careful Matt there getting on to SSB now too, so what with the donkey noises and Oscar Italy what we normally get on SSB from Europe which TBH I ignore cos it's not offensive but we're be getting some UK di*heads on SSB who are offensive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
PeteW
PeteW

Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : West Lancashire UK
Equipment Used : Thunderpole T800 / CRT 6900n / various Sirio moble antennas

PostSubject: Re: They're still there!!!!!   They're still there!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 11:16 am

personally rarely go on the Mensa channel
Back to top Go down
View user profile

They're still there!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: