Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Have You Just Arrived From Old Forum? : If you have then you need to click "Join CT" and register an account on this new forum. Your CT call sign is still valid and you don't need to apply for a new one.
CT Summer Prize Draw: Win a Brand New President Mckinley 11m all mode radio!! See the Latest News forum for details.
Still Time: There is still time to buy a ticket for the raffle. See news forum for details.
Latest News: If you are trying to log in to this forum using the login details from the old forum they will not work. You must register a new account here to be able to post. Your CT call sign is still valid, you don't need another one.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Latest News: The CT website is now fully secure with an SSL certificate so you never have to worry about security or privacy when online at Charlie Tango.
Thanks for your patience: We are glad you all approve of the changes and to the forum and for all the great feedback received. There are just a couple of creases to be ironed out now which are been currently worked on.
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Essex 27.305 USB - and thank you!
5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeToday at 6:22 am by NUBSTER

» Introduction and Call-Sign Request
5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeToday at 5:48 am by GaryWilson

» Greeting and request new call sign (Issued)
5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeToday at 12:23 am by yb1tj

» Help with President McKinley.
5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:43 pm by Northern Crusader

» 2020 Prize Draw Tickets and Entry
5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:39 pm by Firetrap

» Had my first qso
5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:35 pm by John123

» Call sign request (Issued)
5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:26 pm by John123

» Call sign request (Issued)
5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:25 pm by John123

» call sign request
5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:24 pm by John123

Keywords
Sirio Mckinley ALINCO frequency antenna division power list 9900 tickets president 6900n radio sign alan Buxton yaesu midland ss9900 chart tango callsign call lincoln Calling Mobile
QRZ Database

5G Conspiracy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neil O

Call Sign : 26CT3166
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : North Finchley
Equipment Used : CRT SS6900n; Thunderpole T-800; Midland Alan 42DS;Venom 1/2 wave silver rod antenna.

5G Conspiracy Empty
PostSubject: 5G Conspiracy   5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 9:47 pm

Evening all

I tuned in on my Midland Alan 42 DS at around 1700 today to find channel 19 playing an American Broadcast about 5G being the cause of everything bad in the world.  I live in North London.  Even on my handheld the audio was clear but signal was only around 4 and fading in and out.  Did anyone else experience this?

CT3166
Back to top Go down
View user profile
26TC62
Contributor
Contributor
26TC62

Call Sign : 26TC62, 26CT2817
Times Thanked : 28
QTH or Location : Portsmouth
Equipment Used : Yaesu 891, 10m pole, wire 5/8, T2LT

5G Conspiracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5G Conspiracy   5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 10:28 pm

There are plenty of nutters out there, sadly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NUBSTER
Contributor
Contributor
NUBSTER

Call Sign : 26 CT050 26 FB080 26 WT105 26 TE171
Times Thanked : 21
QTH or Location : PALMERS GREEN NORTH LONDON
Equipment Used : original President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna

5G Conspiracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5G Conspiracy   5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 6:01 am

I didn't hear it myself as I dont live far from your area but there is few idiots in East London and South London that have been around on UKFM for a very long time who all run very high power and have always just ruined the 19 , that's there type of thing to do ,its a good job I hardly ever use the Muppet channels so that's why I never heard it ,but that might answer your question where it was coming from , funny thing is I heard about that reason what's happening is to do with 5G quite a while back , I heard it was something to do with that we or the world didn't want China having anything to do with the running of the 5G network for some reason and this was there revenge and the other one was that the 5G testing that's been going on with out us knowing has been to powerful and been sending some sort of radioactive in air and people have really been getting a sort of radioactive illness LOL ,very true there some nutters out and I'm 100% definitely not one them but the first rumer about China's revenge makes you think a little  bit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
28DR405

5G Conspiracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5G Conspiracy   5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 3:25 pm

the big issue is that mast installers do not have to publish power levels and output emmissions for any of these masts, its that fact that drivers the conspiericy people, thats the same for 2g, 3g, 4g
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NUBSTER
Contributor
Contributor
NUBSTER

Equipment Used : original President Lincoln, Midland 8001XT, President Teddy , Silver Eagle microphones , Gainmaster antenna

5G Conspiracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5G Conspiracy   5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 6:00 pm

OK forget about the rumer about 5g giving us radioactive illness stuff , but I do remember when 4g was first being tested our TV's use to go funny ie loose reception on certain channels and another thing was cb and Amateur radio seem to have tons of interference infact  I put some vids up on YouTube showing it back then ,also this may have been a coincidence but I have two radio phone masts opposite my home  ,between my house and them  there is a duel carriage way road so you guess how far they away but we use to see the engineers back then working on them and it seems strange but my kids who was younger then started saying they kept getting headaches and feeling sick , me and mrs thought yeah just dont want to go to school or dont want to do there homework lol but then one of my neighbor's said he was feeling a bit of the same too then one day we got a knock at the door now remember what I said about the TV interference earlier this guy from some communication company sad here is a filter for the TV as the new 4G has been found to cause problems (I still still have the filter) so I fitted it this wasnt a wind up cos everyone got one and I think it was reported on TV too ,then after a few months got told dont need it anymore  because it's all going to go digital so I do think all this 2g3g4gand now 5g can cause problems, I know we are at the lowest time for the sunspots for radio but be honest anyone else notice that radio is basically crap for any contacts near or far and more interference is back again .

Sorry  for waffling on it just took alot of explanation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Northern Crusader
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

5G Conspiracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5G Conspiracy   5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2020 6:16 pm

28DR405 wrote:
the big issue is that mast installers do not have to publish power levels and output emmissions for any of these masts, its that fact that drivers the conspiericy people, thats the same for 2g, 3g, 4g

There are legal limits they have to adhere to. These are available on OFCOMs website for those who can be arsed to look. You'll be quite surprised at how low the EIRP of a sector panel is. Suffice to say there's a lot of "export radios" with higher power outputs.

Nubster, please go learn about RF Power Density and use a few of the online calculators. You'll then understand why you can stand not much more than a few feet away from a mast up in the air directly in front of the transmitter and be within safe limits.

As an example I have a Hustler 5BTV in my garden. I can transmit the full 400W legal limit out of it on 80m band and stood three feet away from it the RF power density the exposure I'd have is 10% below the safe limit of maximum permissible exposure for an uncontrolled environment (where you have no control over who walks around it).

Just out of interest though Nubster, if the mast worried you didn't talking on your mobile phone with it clamped to the side of your skull? Do you even think about that or do you just get on with using it? If so then why does the mast bother you but the phone with the transmitter millimeters from your brain not worry you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NUBSTER
Contributor
Contributor
NUBSTER

5G Conspiracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5G Conspiracy   5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2020 8:01 pm

First of I dont have my mobile phone constantly strapped to side of my head , and I see your at your normal sarcastic remarks to people that dont understand a subject on something you live and breath about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neil O

Call Sign : 26CT3166
QTH or Location : North Finchley
Equipment Used : CRT SS6900n; Thunderpole T-800; Midland Alan 42DS;Venom 1/2 wave silver rod antenna.

5G Conspiracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5G Conspiracy   5G Conspiracy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 10:33 am

Thanks guys, but it appears I was the only one lucky enough to hear the broadcast.  Ironic that whoever decided to broadcast it used radio as the way to do it.

Interesting thoughts from all of you.  Thanks! The 5G argument will no doubt go on for a long time, mostly because it takes a bit of effort to become fully informed on complex topics.  Some people want it to be a problem!  Others see tech as the way forward in all things.  I work with radiation at the other end of the spectrum (ionising radiation and light from lasers from UV through visible to IR, from a Safety perspective).  There are hazards here as at radio frequencies and there a benefits in the use of light and sound in medical treatments.  We just need a balanced approach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

5G Conspiracy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: